Coping with the lost of a child

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddstopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
On March 12, 2015, this beautiful baby boy was brought into the world. Easton was born with only half a heart. He fought so hard to keep his little half heart working til they could find him a new heart. May 20, 2015 Easton received a new heart and we couldn’t have been happier. Easton has had his trials and triumphs over the past 5 years but he was a warrior through it all. However, this morning, April 28, 2029 Easton was called home.
I will forever remember his smile and the way he laughed. He made a lasting impression on everyone he met and he loved life and lived to the absolute fullest
Your papa will love you for ever. Our battle is over.

1588171651633.png

Easton Lewis Whitaker
3/13/2015-4/28/2020.

Oh man I'm sorry for your heartbreak. What a lucky little guy to have had such a caring Papa. When my Dad passed, someone shared these words and it helped.

At birth, we boarded the train of life and met our parents, and we believed that they would always travel by our side. However, at some station, our parents would step down from the train, leaving us on life's journey alone.

As time goes by, some significant people will board the train: siblings, other children, friends, and even the love of our life.

Many will step down and leave a permanent vacuum. Others will go so unnoticed that we won't realize that they vacated their seats! This train ride has been a mixture of joy, sorrow, fantasy, expectations, hellos, goodbyes, and farewells.

A successful journey consists of having a good relationship with all passengers, requiring that we give the best of ourselves. The mystery that prevails is that we do not know at which station we ourselves will step down. Thus, we must try to travel along the track of life in the best possible way -- loving, forgiving, giving, and sharing.

When the time comes for us to step down and leave our seat empty -- we should leave behind beautiful memories for those who continue to travel on the train of life.

Let’s remember to thank our Creator for giving us life to participate in this journey.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Another child had to die in order for Easton to have these five years of life. I never met the parents of that child, but I have to believe that they where just as heart broken as my grand daughter is now, and as I an my wife are feeling. I appreciate the 5 years that the heart allowed Easton to be with us. Easton was never a good candidate for a heart transplant and the heart that they gave him was also defective, but not as bad as the heart Easton was born with. They knew it would only last for a short time and did the transplant in the hope that he would grow stronger and they would be able to replace it with a healthier heart in the future. Easton suffered many setbacks and was taken off the transplant list. To many rejection problems and they couldn't give him a new heart when there are other patients that had a better chance of survival if given a chance. Just over a month ago, He had a heart failure and they air lifted him back to Jacksonville Fl where his transplant doctors installed a pacemaker. The pacemaker renewed his strength, but they said then his heart was failing and it was only a matter of time. He got to come home long enough to celebrate his Birthday which was the last time I got to see him. His mother is a paramedic in Jacksonville. She was in contact with the corvid19 virus and had to be isolated. There was no way Easton could stay with her at home, so he was staying with my son. He just got back to his mother a little over a week ago.

On March 12, 2015, this beautiful baby boy was brought into the world. Easton was born with only half a heart. He fought so hard to keep his little half heart working til they could find him a new heart. May 20, 2015 Easton received a new heart and we couldn’t have been happier. Easton has had his trials and triumphs over the past 5 years but he was a warrior through it all. However, this morning, April 28, 2029 Easton was called home.
I will forever remember his smile and the way he laughed. He made a lasting impression on everyone he met and he loved life and lived to the absolute fullest
Your papa will love you for ever. Our battle is over.

View attachment 823548

Easton Lewis Whitaker
3/13/2015-4/28/2020.
Sorry for your loss , God must’ve needed this fine young man more than we do. I don’t have children but I couldn’t imagine what your going through. Prayers sent your way.

Sorry for your loss. I lost a young son also 28 years ago. Try to keep yourself going, one day at a time. Worst part for me was getting out of bed the day after. It really tears the life out of you, but I guess you already know that.

Precious young man your son is still as I see it. God rest his soul for a little while as he will rise again. I am certain the love he brought to you is worth all the pain that came with it in losing him in the flesh for the time being. I know you and those that love him will still have him in your hearts for the rest of our lives so I would consider it more like a setback then a loss. Prayers sent in the name of Jesus Christ for you and your loved ones healing.

Mudd nothing can replace your Easton. I am sure you will find ways to help comfort some one in need in his name because that is what he would want from you. Easton gave his best shot and so will you. You will make him proud of your compassion or care that you will bring forward for some one else. Thanks

Latest posts

Back