corona 1600 blades

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FBerkel

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anybody else having trouble with corona 1600 (pole clip) blades lately?

I've used the 1600 for over ten years, so I've been through dozens of blades. At some point in the last year or so they evidently changed the grade of steel used in them. Now, almost every one eventually bent when used on tough wood. This had never happened before. I tried different suppliers, and the same thing occured.

(Maybe Sean can find out about this?)

Fred,
Is this a blade you bought from us? If so, what was our part number. I'm not finding anything with a model number 1600. Thanks.
-Sean

Sean,

Your catologue calls it "corona bull lopper"; I bought two different whole new units from Sherrill, and both had this softer blade; so I tried a different supplier, and had the same problem with their replacement blades. They'll bend to the point that they catch on the anvil side, and then some of them actually break when forced. Maybe a coincidence, but 4 out of 5 new blades broke or bent within a couple of months, when none had ever failed before in about 10 years. I'm convinced that the manufacturer has downgraded the quality of steel in the blade.

Kevin,

No, I haven't contacted Corona directly. I probably should, and maybe will. Thought I might gain some confirmation from other users first.

The only two Corona loppers I see in the catalog both say they have a lifetime warranty. Page 41.

Fred,
Please contact Courtney here at Sherrill, at 1-800-525-8873, ext 212. This should help to take care of your needs, as well as give us the info needed to go to Corona with the problem. Thanks.
-Sean

Latest posts

Back