Corona pruning saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zxcvbob

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Bailey's has Corona TP-6570 pole saw/pruners on sale for $50. Is that a good saw? I'm getting too old to be climbing an extension ladder with a chainsaw. (or maybe just finally old enough to realize it's stupid ;) ) It's a 14' pruner with a 13" saw blade; does that 14' mean the pole is 14' long, or is it only about 8 or 9 feet and it assumes I'm at least 6 feet tall?

Will a 13" saw cut 6" and 7" limbs? (I assume that'll take a while)

Thanks.

That looks like one of those thin flimsy blades that come on every other cheap pole pruner. You aren't going to like using it on much over 2-3 inch stuff.

You need a nice thick beefy blade to cut bigger stuff, and watch out for the bark ripping past your cut, it's hard to undercut if you are stretching to reach a tall limb. I think a nice blade cost about as much as that saw.

IMO once you go past around 2" you asking a lot from a pole saw. That saw should be fine for the smaller stuff (Silky would be better) but I would definately look at a power pole pruner especially for 6 and 7".

Latest posts

Back