Correct Walbro carb for Homelite XL/Super2/LX30 Bandit/etc which has the pulse nipple

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRHAWK9

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm in the middle of converting my (what turns out to be rare) manual oiler LX30 Bandit to an auto oiler. I picked up the correct pressure tank kit and now I need a carb which has the pulse line provision, as my current Walbro HDA60 does NOT. Does anybody know the Walbro model number for these saws which has the pulse line connection?

thanks!

Below is more of the story:

I purchased an auto oiler system "kit", which contains the tank, hoses and check valve. It is found -HERE-. Upon receiving it I read the instructions and noticed it now needs to connect to the pulse line from the carb. Guess what....the Walbro HDA60 which it came with does not have a pulse line fitting to connect to. So I then found the IPL from a slightly different model LX-30 Bandit (UT-10716-D) which came stock with the tank kit I just purchased. That had a part number for the correct carburetor. I did a search on eBay and found a NOS one found -HERE-. In is description it confirms it will work on a UT-10716-D LX30. I emailed the guy to make sure it has the pulse line fitting. If it does, which it should, I will be ordering that. This carb along with the oil tank kit should be what I need to get this thing working. All I need to do is remove the existing nipple on the bar plate and replace it with the one that came with the kit which has a check valve in it.

The UT-10716-D IPL can be found -HERE-. This is basically what I will be converting mine to be.

My question is this, does anybody know what Walbro carb came on these saws which has the pulse line fitting? I know my HDA60 doesn't. I believe the WTA20 and WTA25 do, but which one is the proper carb for the XL/LX30?

Perhaps you are looking for a Zama carb H17A37P. I sent you a PM.

Perhaps you are looking for a Zama carb H17A37P. I sent you a PM.

thanks, I think that carb was on the newer style XL which had the oil selector switch and/or had a fuel primer bulb. My saw has neither. I know they have Walbro carbs out there that will work with what I want to do, I just don't know which one...lol -HERE'S- an example. I believe this one will work on mine, but I am not 100% sure. I think this is a WTA20.

From the UT-10716-D IPL you get UP00750 and then if you search that on Google you will see "7, UP00750, CARB (WALBRO WTA25), " after clicking on the search result I got, "7 UP00750 NLA CARB (WALBRO WTA Call Us " There are a couple of searches that show WTA 25 in the results. That's just based off the IPL that you mentioned in your first post. I forgot what a PITA Homelite is with their part numbers. Just like Craftsman.

From the UT-10716-D IPL you get UP00750 and then if you search that on Google you will see "7, UP00750, CARB (WALBRO WTA25), " after clicking on the search result I got, "7 UP00750 NLA CARB (WALBRO WTA Call Us " There are a couple of searches that show WTA 25 in the results. That's just based off the IPL that you mentioned in your first post. I forgot what a PITA Homelite is with their part numbers. Just like Craftsman.

yeah, that's what I saw too when doing the same last night. I also found a WTA20, which came off different model LX30 and looks like it would work as well. I actually found a NOS WTA25 (UP00750) kit and ended up buying it. I'm hoping all is well once I get it together :)

thanks guys.

Latest posts

Back