Cortland NY area Stihl repair/rebuild?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirkeg

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I got a GREAT deal on a 460 that needs a good going through. I don't have the time or place right now to bench it myself.

Is there any good saw guys in the Cortland Ny area? I'd rather not ship and would rather meet the guy myself.

The previous owner said he couldn't keep it running. Said he didn't straight gas it. Has compression. The cylinder looks good upon inspection. Want to have it gone through for air leaks etcetera before i fire it up.

Don't want to risk burning it up by test firing such a nice saw (to me) if it has some bad air leak or something.

Thanks

You would likely be better off draining the fluids and taking off the bar/chain, and shipping the powerhead to someone here. There is a remote chance that someone here knows someone close to you.

Are you just looking for a dealer that can go through it to make sure everything is ok and fix what isn't? Or are you looking for someone to go through it and also mod it? There are plenty Stihl dealers in CNY. House Trucking in Central Squire is a really good one. There are others closer to you.

Good luck, NYH1.

1st option. Stock is fine for now. Looking fir good recommendations i guess. Some make me wonder...

I'll keep House Trucking in mind, thanks. Central Square is a bit of a drive but I get up that way sometimes.

1st option. Stock is fine for now. Looking fir good recommendations i guess. Some make me wonder...

I'll keep House Trucking in mind, thanks. Central Square is a bit of a drive but I get up that way sometimes.
They do good work.

Good luck, NYH1.

So if your shooting for basic stock it should be pretty easy to find a good mechanic. Like stated depending where you are, a few pretty good places here in central New York.

Back