Couple new acquisitions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodlandcammies

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
well this weekend was a good one. Got two ms290's (one got ran over with a skid steer and cracked the plastic and carb cover, one with all good parts but a seized piston, plan on making one good one out of the two) also got a poulan super 250a the was missing the clutch assembly. Also snagged a 3000 psi gas pressure washer. Motor runs when I dump a shot of fuel down the carb but won't stay running so I have the carb soaking overnight in the old acetone dip disassembled. Also looks like it needs new pump o-rings but it shot high pressured water when I had it running. Anyone have a clutch and sprocket for the 250a?

I'm thinking after I get the 250 up and running that's gonna take the 2300av spot as my limbing saw since it has a manual oiler and the auto oiler in the 2300 is dead. So far I've identified that it needs new fuel lines, probably a rebuild kit for the carb, spark plug and an air filter at the least in addition to the clutch and sprocket assembly.

well this weekend was a good one. Got two ms290's (one got ran over with a skid steer and cracked the plastic and carb cover, one with all good parts but a seized piston, plan on making one good one out of the two) also got a poulan super 250a the was missing the clutch assembly. Also snagged a 3000 psi gas pressure washer. Motor runs when I dump a shot of fuel down the carb but won't stay running so I have the carb soaking overnight in the old acetone dip disassembled. Also looks like it needs new pump o-rings but it shot high pressured water when I had it running. Anyone have a clutch and sprocket for the 250a?
Let me dig through the pile...I might have the clutch assembly you need

Well got one of the stihls rebuilt using the seized one for spare parts this evening. Three pulls with the choke on and bam popped. Popped the choke off started and went right into high idle mode then kicked her down and she four strokes like she's got a cam hahah. Carb is almost perfect! First time rebuilding a stihl and taking them apart is a pain but fairly straightforward. Here's a pic of the old girl now. She's gonna get a cleaning then throw the bar and chain back on her. I officially have my first bigger newer saw. Go me.
The pressure washer I got running this weekend but the carbs toast. New one coming in tomorrow via amazon. Turns out half of the engines you get now that are 6.6hp (harbor freight predator series, jd 212 series etc) are Honda gx200 clones and take the exact same parts. Works for me!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back