Couple of dicey situations

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greystoke

Tarzan
Reaction score
Was falling timber for a wild land fire contractor this Summer. Both scenarios happened while I was taking down trees in prep of a back burn...so I was trying to hustle and trying to limit the fuel on the ground...both situations could have been prevented, but I did not foresee them as too serious of a problem at the time. I spent 13 years falling timber, mostly on the West Coast in big, tall timber, and this stuff does happen...you just never see it all, which is why you have to stay very alert. Just shows why it is a dangerous job, and how accidents could potentially happen.

[video=youtube_share;aR-iJRgufq8]http://youtu.be/aR-iJRgufq8[/video]

Last edited:
You did a good job of clearing out.
Thats why tree work is always dangerous.

Hey Cody!!
When we meet up, I'll tell about my ####-ups falling DF piling.

Is that like cutting poles? Tall skinny whips that do everything but what you wanted them to? as in "the day went pretty good, I cut 135 trees and some of them didn't hang up?"

I'll add a few of my misadventures if it'll make Cody feel better.

Cody...good job getting out of the way. Some days go like that. When the arm chair quarterbacks show up with their "woulda, coulda, shoulda" just tell 'em to get stuffed.

Back