CP 125 double pedal reed intake?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SP style dual reed plate, reeds, and retainer will drop right in. Have to replace the whole thing, though.

Looks like the reed block was filed away. Would their be any performance gain or loss by running an sp125 plate on a cp125?

Last edited:
You'd have to line everything up to know for sure. Any pass-through advantage gained by tapering, shaping, or channeling the intake would be completely negated by the petals not sealing during transfer. Going to double petal reed on that plate won't work because of the center gap. As it sits, that one wouldn't run well either. I bet the carb spits back quite a bit.

It doesn't pull enough vacume at the impulse to pull fuel from the tank. I meant swapping a sp125 reed assy for a CP reed assy complete swap over.

Watch out for that hole in the upper left corner of pic 3.
There looks to be a good burr around it and the other ones
could use a chamfering too.
looks like the block was sanded down and never had the holes re-chamfered.

I'd look at the bolt holes in the saw also for any raised area around them too.

Easy to fix, Just get a drill bit about half again as large as the hole and
*Gently* twist it with your hand, *Not* a drill motor till you have a light chamfer again.
Shouldn't take but a couple or three light twists and good to go again!

edit: duh had brain phart, I see your looking to change it, but still check any parts
you get and use.

Back