Craftsman Chainsaw Question - Oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D&B Mack

Sawin Wit It!
Reaction score
My neighbor brings his craftsman saw over often (more often than I would like) for me to trouble shoot problems.

This time, he had a problem with the chain (that problem was easy :msp_razz:). But I noticed that it didn't look like his saw was oiling. So I open the oil cap, and SURPRISE, there was no oil in there. I asked why... he said that it quit oiling so he didn't bother to fill it up. :msp_ohmy: So, that is what I am dealing with. Anyway, it turns out his outlet hole was plugged. In the interim though, I found a coiled spring laying in the oil compartment. And hence is my question, where does it go?

I can get the model # later if needed, but was thinking this may be an easy answer that is a common part on these saws. The saw is oiling now BTW.

Do you just push it on, or do you have to spin it on?

the end of the pick up tube was tapered. The spring just slid off/on. The other end of the spring had a plug in it so oil would have to be forced through the spring coils. But, this is on a makita so your application may be different. I have a couple craftsman saws torn down in the shop. I'll check them tonight.

the end of the pick up tube was tapered. The spring just slid off/on. The other end of the spring had a plug in it so oil would have to be forced through the spring coils. But, this is on a makita so your application may be different. I have a couple craftsman saws torn down in the shop. I'll check them tonight.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back