Craftsman saw find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawn Masters

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I picked up a junker today, its a craftsman saw, but the parts are nearly a perfect match with my Poulan 2000 model. The model # is 358.352380 I need a new sprocket, and I'm in business. It had an antivib type handle, but looked NOTHING like a Poulan S25CVA ,model. the muffler is also very different, it sticks out farther and has a larger area displaccment than a S25 or 2000 would have. I havent a clue what it is. the gas tank was built into the rear handle, in a very crappy manner, and the front AV spring was FUBAR so I took that case off and replaced it with a 2000 case I have here, and after half an hour of cutting I got the muffler to fit though the hole and it works, minus a sprocket and sawchain/guidebar.

I found the original guidebar, the rails were relatively squared near the back of the bar, but the nose was WAY out of shape, I'm quite honestly surprised it even worked for its previous owner like it was, the nose had a MASSIVE flare of metal on one side that looked like it would hang up in anything being cut besides paper. the chain was in pretty good shape though, considering the saw was owned by someone who has no clue how to take care of a saw, the cutters were sharp and the drive links werent all smashed and beaten up loooking.

for a freebie I think I did pretty good, in the morning I need to go get some fuel line and an air filter for it and I'm gonna be able to have it started up. I even have the carb that came with it. which is pretty amazing, because it was not on the saw when I found it. I get things like this one from a friend that lives nearby, his place is a small engine heaven.

Anyone ever hear of FORD making hedge trimmers? I know someone that has one, I'm trying to get it and reassemble it to run for regular use instead of a brush blade on my trimmer.

Latest posts

Back