Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
watch the power lines...

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/zip/875071774.html

Free Firewood (Harrisburg (lower paxton))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-10-11, 11:35AM EDT

I have several tree's in my yard that need cut down. If you cut them and haul them away they are yours for free. I know 2 of them are maple tree's and I am not sure what the rest are. Two of them do have some power lines that run through, but any one with some rope and some experience won't have a problem. I am willing to sign a waiver if necessary too. give me a call: Jake 717-379-3966.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have several tree's in my yard that need cut down. If you cut them and haul them away they are yours for free. I know 2 of them are maple tree's and I am not sure what the rest are. Two of them do have some power lines that run through, but any one with some rope and some experience won't have a problem. I am willing to sign a waiver if necessary too. give me a call: Jake 717-379-3966.

LOL I have some rope and bad expeience with power lines do I qualify to take them down ?

Now whos name did you say you wanted on the waiver ? Oh, Mine ! ? ! well you better forget it then. Maybe LeRoy will put his on there and this time I can watch. :popcorn:

I answered a free firewood ad. Turned out to be a half fallen, all rotten old stockade fence. It was wood, for sure, Probably would have burned too, eventually...:censored:

BBBBBRRRRRRRR.....
Power lines and trees. Sends shivers running down my spine just thinking about it.
I know the pros have ways of dealing with lines in the trees, i wouldnt even consider climbing a tree with a power line anywhere near it.

BBBBBRRRRRRRR.....
Power lines and trees. Sends shivers running down my spine just thinking about it.
I know the pros have ways of dealing with lines in the trees, i wouldnt even consider climbing a tree with a power line anywhere near it.

Are you sure you don't want to check it out? Might be easier than what you have been dealing with. Sounds like he just wants the trees gone... no yard boy work involved!

Sorry, had to say it...

Are you sure you don't want to check it out? Might be easier than what you have been dealing with. Sounds like he just wants the trees gone... no yard boy work involved!

Sorry, had to say it...

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Sad part of it is, you may be right. But on the flip side, had a very productive weekend.And no yardboy jokes, pranks, or chores to do.:clap: Just a lot of good cuttin to do.

Nope, no power lines for me. Hate to end up on Youtube for having my hair curled the hard way.

I have answered a couple of choice Craigslist ads in my day. The best was a guy who had a "a crap-ton of Eastern Black Walnut" that he was trying to sell. It was one of those make offer deals. He posted with a title of "EBW Firewood. Make Offer!"

I call this guy up and ask how much there is. "A lot", he says.

"How much in terms of a cord?"
"I don't know, maybe 3 mid-size truck loads"
"Is it easily accessible?"
"No, you'd have to haul it about 75 yards."
"Oh, and I'd have to buck it and split what I couldn't carry?"
"Yes."
"$50"

At this point he starts laughing telling me that he could get about $1200 for this from a mill up the road.

"Cool. Why are you trying to sell it as firewood on Craigslist then?"

I also had a guy that wouldn't sell me Maple firewood logs because I was a software developer and not a furniture maker. Again, another advertisement for firewood.

Hello, I need firewood for the winter and was wondering if anyone had some free. I can get a big 18' trailer to haul a lot at a time and won't leave a mess. It can be logs, cut or split... Please let me know what you have. THANKS!!!

have a pile of dry wood for free, paint and nails on the wood good for shop firewood or campfire its getting cold out and wood is exspensive too, wood came out of the inside of the house,let me know thanks dave

I wish I could find the advertisement for a cord of Cedar / Cottonwood mix. $400. You haul.

:dizzy:

i saw that one the other day and thought of this thread...

Craigslist=1
Myself=3

I've been on a roll getting a solid 5 cords the last couple weeks from craigslist foe free.....then today happened.

Called this guy up, he said he had cords and cords of Oak and Acacia he just had cut down. And it couldn't be easier, he says, I could just back the truck up and load it right in....SWEET I'm thinking!!!

It takes me over an hour to get there... a veeeery long and winding single lane road to his place. I pull up and my jaw drops.

Then I gulp.

Then I take a swig of water.

He's got cords and cords alright... of leaves and twigs and treetops... piles and piles of them.

Well after that expensive-for-gas drive, I'm determined not to leave without some wood!! But man was that some shetchy dangerous work. I've never had my legs so engulfed and tripped up by brush and snags, even the open ground was dangerous!!! Nothing better than to have a wide open saw while balancing and falling and regaining and slipping and regaining while on three feet of branches....sheesh!

I end up with 1/3 cord of 3 to 5 inch branches and some 12 inch trunk with 6 inches of rot in the center. All for two hours of work...but darn it, I wasn't going to spend all that gas to get there and back without something to show for it!!

As I'm leaving he asks If i'll be back approx the same time tomorrow...gulp...ahem...ummmm... NO!!!!!

"Okay, there's two other guys interested so I'll let 'em know to come on by."

I wanted to tell him to be sure to mention there wasn't any firewood to be had there unless they were going to burn it on the spot... but I thanked him and left.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Sad part of it is, you may be right. But on the flip side, had a very productive weekend.And no yardboy jokes, pranks, or chores to do.:clap: Just a lot of good cuttin to do.

Nope, no power lines for me. Hate to end up on Youtube for having my hair curled the hard way.

Glad to hear you got some productive work done...:cheers:

email this posting to a friend omaha craigslist > items wanted
please flag with care:

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
Firewood wanted - $100 (west Omaha)

Date: 2008-10-13, 8:00PM CDT

Looking for a cord of hard firewood delivered and stacked for $100. Please email me if you are interested.

[email protected]

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 878183769

Copyright © 2008 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

I wouldn't mind seeing a picture a 6 cord yard tree. 30 cords in 5 of them is even better.

Not that I want the job. When he mentions
you will need a bucket to get the tops off without hitting other houses, and power lines
Thats to great of odds that it would go wrong for me.

I wouldn't mind seeing a picture a 6 cord yard tree. 30 cords in 5 of them is even better.

Not that I want the job. When he mentions Thats to great of odds that it would go wrong for me.

I'd never do the job either, I too am just curious to see what the trees look like. I can't think of any cul de sac in Webster where the trees are quite that big.

It never ceases to amaze me.

http://madison.craigslist.org/zip/877294067.html

"Looking for someone with a bucket truck who can remove a maple tree. You clean up and take the wood. Must have insurance."

Wow... that's a balls-y offer.

I can't remember who it was posted very early on in this thread but it makes tons of sense. "It's not firewood until it's bucked, split, and seasoned." (I think I added seasoned in my mind)

I actually e-mailed the post-er and said that they should be looking for an arborist. And if the job requires a cherry picker and insurance, they shouldn't be asking for it to be done for free.

Latest posts

Back