Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on man, cut me some slack here, will you?
Sheesh, a guy cant win sometimes.

But TreeCo speaks with wisdom. Even without getting a lawyer involved this guy could make a few calls and cause you quite a bit of grief.

Which is just another real good reason to avoid these so called 'deals'.

Even with all the people jumping on the wood heat bandwagon over the past few years, there's way too much free wood available to get involved in these kinds of deals.

WoW!!
As in HOLEY POOP!!
this gets funnier and funnier, despite any realities, just frikken unbelievable, but knowing human nature............... As someone already mentioned, quite mad :dizzy: This person Avalancher is dealing with (or not) sounds somewhat like a scientologist, :monkey: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:chainsaw:
Edit> I just caught the fish tank additions, erm, 15 cords split= over 3k, must be a special tank to be worth that much used....... GAH!
:cheers:

Serge

Last edited:
Actually, Avalancher, this guy does sound like a real blow hard A-hole who can't back anything up. Some of the statements in the e-mail sound really 'shrill' like someone who's trying to piss you off. OR the person has some serious mental issues. I mean SERIOUS issues.

But just in case, I'd DEFINITELY keep a paper trail - print out all e-mails and correspondence, save voicemails if you've got them.

What's the statute of limitations on this kind of thing? My wife and I had a freind who went to law school - Intellectual Property (patents & things) - and he said you can sue for ANYTHING. You won't always be successful but you CAN sue for anything.

Good luck and Pax Vobiscum.
Tony
Yesseree, madness!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

You have to be kidding me someone with an 800K home would be willing to risk someone to cut down a tree with someone who is not insured? And looking at his writing skills in his email correspondence he would be lucky to hold a minimum wage job.

Lets say he ment face cords and $75.00 is the going rate. A fish tank costs over $1,000.00? WOW!--thats stupid--can't even pet them!

Actually that tank probably cost a lot more than that. A 150 gallon tank is a lot of money, there guy. I used to have over $10,000 in saltwater tanks. No $hit.

Isn't that amazing that some one or ones would let a tree grow to that size in such a bad place. Must be an obvious nobody wants to pay to have it taken down so we'll just let it grow. Then after it falls on a structure we'll get the insurance to take it out and fix the building.

I see them all the time. It usually goes something like this:

FREE FIREWOOD

We have two large dead rotting pine trees leaning over our house and if you take them down and clean up the branches you can have the wood.

I'd love to go over to one of those places, drop both trees on their house and leave.

I couldn't have said it better myself. :agree2: :agree2: :agree2:

people throw this stuff out there figuring they only need one fool to show up and do the work.

Yeah but would any self respecting homeowner want "some fool" working on their property? If I was a homeowner doing something like that I would make sure they knew what they were doing, and reserve the right to end the job if I felt it was being done in an unsafe manner.

Foolish folks prolly look at a tree and say "That's gotta be 4 cords worth of wood right there!"....but they're comparing it to full retail price of a cord from the swindler that always delivers half a cord....so they figure that dead leaning tree is gold and worth $1500!!!!!!
Then they translate that into hours of labor...If it only takes 2 hours to cut down(or whatever) "highway robbery!!!!" cries the fool, and wants to "trade" $1500 dollars of labor for "$1500" of wood....even swap...no wait, I'm doing you a favor by giving you free wood that you're going to make $1500 pure profit out of!!!! So could you do a few other things around here, yard boy?

Ya heres another I guess i will call this dog and ask him how many cords would you like.. and what kind of wood to... Yeah right :censored:

Hello im looking to offset my heat costs this winter by using my fireplace alot more. Im in need of some firewood to do so. I cannot cut due to i do not have the tools, but i will be able to pickup providing its not that far outta my way.

Please contact me if you can help me out.

Also you can call me and let me know what you can do

Foolish folks prolly look at a tree and say "That's gotta be 4 cords worth of wood right there!"....but they're comparing it to full retail price of a cord from the swindler that always delivers half a cord....so they figure that dead leaning tree is gold and worth $1500!!!!!!
Then they translate that into hours of labor...If it only takes 2 hours to cut down(or whatever) "highway robbery!!!!" cries the fool, and wants to "trade" $1500 dollars of labor for "$1500" of wood....even swap...no wait, I'm doing you a favor by giving you free wood that you're going to make $1500 pure profit out of!!!! So could you do a few other things around here, yard boy?

Ouch, that souns familiar.Someone pinch me hard and wake me up. I gotta be redreaming that nightmare.

Back