Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2wd just slap wont work here offroad very much. Maybe 2 months outta the year it will, mid summer when it is the driest, thats it, rest of the time the ground is too soft and muddy.

Ill probably get a 2wd truck, but that will be some sort of wood delivery dump, hard or at least semi hard surface only. Eventually.

Most everywhere I go in the F350 is already cut roads, not too muddy. It's pretty heavy on the rear anyway and ya have to really hammer it to get the duals to spin. My LWB F250 gets stuck in the yard if there's dew on the grass.

I take it the seller wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

That is what I thought at first, but after reading the article it didn't sound like he really messed up. He wanted to make a sale, had someone who said they would buy and would pay him to deliver. "Buyer" wanted a test ride, which is reasonable, and then they just kept driving. He kept the title with him because they hadn't paid yet. I'm not sure what else he could have done, other than not delivering. That would have kept them out of an area they knew and could disappear in. But a thief with a helper could pull the same theft anywhere, and thieves have done it that way already.

I'd hide a locator beacon on the thing, just in case, and shortly after he stole it I'd be showing up and getting some payment.:msp_wink:

Mr. HE:cool:

sure, just let me hold your drivers license and a credit card as deposit against any damage.

Had someone (son's friend so I couldn't kill him) take a vintage trials bike for a test around the yard, then he took off down the gravel road for a mile at WOT. First, it was 25 years old and loose. Second, trials engines run 50-60 oil ratio, never run WOT more than a few seconds. didn't seize the engine, but wrecked the piston and bore

I'm not sure what else he could have done, other than not delivering.

Any time I sell a vehicle I require payment in full as security before the vehicle leaves my sight, unless I'm in the right seat.

sure, just let me hold your drivers license and a credit card as deposit against any damage.

Good idea, but with the number of bogus credit cards and licenses floating around, I'm not sure I'd feel safe doing that.

More "free" firewood

Free Firewood

Free Firewood to the person willing to cut down this monster of a tree. Just needs to be licensed and insured. It's huge, we don't have the money to take it down ourselves. It will require a boom truck. It's around cables, phone lines and elec lines, but we can have the elec lines dropped while it's being cut down. It's a monster of a tree and will be a huge job to do. It's a pin oak tree. For more information please message. Thank You!

3F93M83Ha5Ib5K75Hcd2r7265e83e8b131454.jpg

Back