Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dirt and chips for sale, just 15 bucks a load, and you do the loading.........

wood chip mulch - $15 (loudon)

Hello I had some big oak stumps grinded. And it produced a great wood chip mulch material . Wood chips mixed with good top soil. 15 dollars a truck load you load. Hurry while it last. 865 363 0827

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/grd/4355659085.html

New Price!! Year Old, Hard-to-Find Black Mulberry Wood Slabs - $20 (New Berlin)
00H0H_d8XtB2qxpP2_600x450.jpg

Attention carvers, sculptors, and creators of wood products! We have incredibly beautiful, fresh cut, trunk slabs from a Black Mulberry tree that was nearly 40 years old! These slabs range from 9 to 13 inches thick. The shapes and sizes of each slab vary, with the largest being an average of two feet in diameter. You may have your choice of any slab for $20.00 each. Other sizes are available, and we are ready to bargain. We offer easy access for pickup and loading. (I've just added two photos to show the entire lot, and to show how the wood turns a wonderful dark honey color as it ages.) The tree was taken down in November, 2012, so it has had a year to dry already.

CLASSIFICATION: Black Mulberry is a medium-density hardwood (specifically:
Morus nigra; and generally: Morus citrifolia of the family
Moraceae). The Black Mulberry is not native to North
America. It was imported from Europe.

WOOD TYPE: Fruitwood.

COLOR: The sapwood is a bright yellowish- orange color, with occasional streaks of black and dark brown. The heartwood is a light tan color. The color of mulberry tends to turn brown with exposure to sunlight. Very similar in appearance to osage orange.

SEASONING: Mulberry dries with very little degradation in the wood.

DENSITY: Mulberry is a medium density hardwood, weighing about 40 pounds per cubic foot.

GRAIN: The wood of the Mulberry tree has a straight, closed, very tight grain.

TYPICAL USES: Mulberry is used in the manufacture of sculptures, small furniture, ornamental spindles, vases, bowls, candy dishes, platters, wooden board game pieces, wooden pens and other small turnings, wooden buttons, plaques and signs, carved key ring fobs, barrettes, jewelry boxes, cutting boards, veneer, furniture inlay and trim, etc.

WORKABILITY: Black Mulberry is easy to work with --- a wonderful wood for turning on a machine lathe, or for hand-carving.

FINISHING: Mulberry wood sands well, and can be polished to a high luster. Apply
a clear coat to protect the incredible colors and grain patterns.

AVAILABILITY: Hard to find, and usually available in very limited quantities.

If you are interested in a piece (or several of them), reply by e-mail, or give me a call on my cell phone and ask for Jean, at 262-309-8421. You may have your choice of slab for the $20, any 10" round of your choice for $10, and we will consider offers on the smaller pieces, if you would like additional pieces for carving, turning for handles, etc.

Not a laugh, but I thought I'd share it
Vintage Bachtold mower with saw blade - $250 (Morris,Ill.)
01515_7kqt45VqLUD_600x450.jpg

Vintage Bachtold mower that is probaly from the late 50's or 60's. I am selling this mower as a COLLECTORS OR CURIO TYPE ITEM DUE TO OBVIOUS SAFETY CONCERNS not as a working mower to be used on a regular basis. I have played with it cutting small trees and brush that is all. This mower can easily cause some serious harm to the body.

You won't find to many of these mowers with the saw blade attachment . They were mainly used on small Christmas tree farms for harvesting Christmas trees. You can turn the head to a 90 degree angle and in theory cut wood with it but I have never tried it and would use extreme caution if I tried to do this.

Overall the mower is in good shape and works good for it's age. Engine is an 8 hp Briggs that I had to inter mix some parts from a donor engine It does start good, holds a good steady idle, accelerates good but smokes when going from idle to full throttle. I did away with the points and condenser and installed a Briggs coil that does not require points and condenser. The starter rope was a little slow going back in but I think this is due to the cold weather because it didn't do that before when I used it a little last fall. Drive belts are like new.

I was going to give the mower a paint job but that is not going to happen so I am selling it as is.

I am including the guard shield along with a mower blade. The grass blade is worn . I did put an edge on it. I have given the saw blade a light touch up with a hand file just to give the blade an edge. I don't have the knowledge or tools for a proper sharpening.

I have described this mower to the best of my ability. I can be reached by e-mail if I ever check my mail. It is best to call 815-942-9232 for any questions. Please leave message if no one answers. I will get back to you. The mower is located at my residence and has to be picked-up . I live in Morris,Ill. in the area commonly known as south of the Illinois River

Not a laugh, but I thought I'd share it
Vintage Bachtold mower with saw blade - $250 (Morris,Ill.)

That look really cool Cheesecutter! If it was just a little closer, I'd drive down just to take a look at it and maybe see if he'd dicker a bit on the price. I can't see actually using it, but it's a pretty neat little thing regardless. I'd bet somebody will snap that up pretty quickly.

Doesn't that look like something you would force your redheaded stepchild to play with? I would imagine OSHA inspectors faint at the sight of it. I agree, it is a neat looking machine. It looks wicked, but I've never seen anything like it.

Golly... What are the odds these 2 trees are still available? Willow and silver maple....hmmmmm.

Do you want willow tree wood?
I am looking for someone that wants willow tree wood. However, there is a catch! You have to cut it down and you must be insured. Believe me, this tree is huge! I am looking for someone to do this in spring / summer. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks!!!!

Firewood - Large Maple Tree (Salem)
Have a large Maple Tree over 3 ft in diameter
Great for thew mill or for firewood, approx 20 million btu per cord

http://asootysolution.com/Firewood_101.html
Energy content per air dried full cord, in 1000's of BTUs. Silver Maple 22,100 BTU

Doesn't have to be used for firewood all we want is the tree down and hauled off

Looking to have the person wanting this for all the wood to pay for the removal and haul it
Have estimates for $1800-2000, so please don't contact me with you can take it down for a fee. We are lookign for someone who could use the wood to pay for the removal and beneift having all the wood for their use whether it be to burn or mill.

Once tree is down expect removal within 2 weeks

I'm offended by these people! What audacious stupidity! Somebody please, make it stop!!

Talking about the mower with the saw blade; the Amish around Cashton, Wisconsin aren't allowed to use chainsaws and they use walk behind saws like this for firewood cutting. They turn the blade horizontal to cut down the tree and then vertical to cut blocks off the log. They cut a lot of wood in pole length and haul it near the house and then use a buzz saw to make it firewood length. They actually are manufacturing new saws like the one pictured. They seem to me to be a huge accident waiting to happen!

TRADE: craft beer for firewood (Oregon, IL)

I've been brewing beer for about 10 years -- IPAs, red ales, stouts -- in Corny kegs that hold about 50 pints. At $3.00 a pint, that's $150 worth of beer, which I would trade for a face-cord of hardwood firewood.

If you have a ton of firewood and spend money on good beer, I have a ton of good beer and spend money on firewood. Let's trade.

I think that's a pretty fair trade. I'd take him up on it. I've traded lots of stuff for wood; paintings, lawn tractors even chainsaws.
I thought it wasn't too bad of a deal myself, just a little different is all. I got a chuckle out of it and thought I'd share.

Cutting firewood from log pile Need help (Wapping CT)
00k0k_iHieuUVaSSg_600x450.jpg

Must be clean and neat HARD WORK NO LIABILITY Cut your finger, put in your pocket, take it home to mama. Bring your own or sharp chainsaw, 1 for 5 cord No B.S. booze or drugs. Must have equipment God Bless 860-644-8486 or 860-707-5727 59 cord pile
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

What a deal. You do all the work and get 1/6 of everything.

Cutting firewood from log pile Need help (Wapping CT)
Must be clean and neat HARD WORK NO LIABILITY Cut your finger, put in your pocket, take it home to mama. Bring your own or sharp chainsaw, 1 for 5 cord No B.S. booze or drugs. Must have equipment God Bless 860-644-8486 or 860-707-5727 59 cord pile

What a deal. You do all the work and get 1/6 of everything.

Hell no. That is one lopsided offer right there.

also some gold embedded black walnut trees

black walnut wood for sale - $2000 (cromwell)

marker-icon.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map) (yahoo map)

Attention:

wood turners, custom fire arms makers, gun makers, craftsmen, furniture makers, etc.

2 live growing black walnut trees for sale. Estimated 40 feet tall. They have good long segments with no branches, knotholes, etc. I am not soliciting offers for cutting in exchange for free wood. The two trees are not in my way. The wood is for sale only!!! Call for pictures. $2,000 b/o for pair of trees. Gus.

Latest posts

Back