Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Live Christmas Tree

email this posting to a friend chicago craigslist > city of chicago > for sale / wanted > free stuff
please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
Live Christmas Tree (Logan Square)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2012-01-09, 11:30AM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This local, organic Christmas tree could be YOURS! Hand cut from a farm in Michigan.

Makes a great addition to any home! Great source of oxygen!

Around 7ft tall, huge. So freaking huge we don't want it anymore.

(Sombrero not included) (you pick up)

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2791035042

no tree to big,

Lol i read that add a couple times to be sure i was reading it.
A live cut tree from Michigan.
Hmm does cut mean it's a living fossil? LOL
It's organic though so that means it's special, and free oxygen who doesn't want that :)
To bad it didn't come with the Sombrero i bet 1/2 the people here would be fighting for it if it did.
I'm drooling over this baby, wonder if they will include what they had before the post (it's a done deal if they do)

Last edited:
another valuble tree

Black Walnut Wood

Black Walnut Wood (Elgin )

Date: 2012-01-08, 9:22PM CST

I am looking to sell some black walnut wood from a tree on my property. The trunk of the tree is 8 ft in circumference and 8 ft in height before it branches off. Also have some other large branches above. The wood will nee to be milled and dried before being planed and used for woodworking.
if you are interested in purchasing any please email me.
Josh

I had a guy call me the other day and leave a messgae on my cell after seeing my ad for wood/logs in the free section of CL. He said that he had 3 downed trees on his property and wanted them removed and if I was interested, I could call and he would give me a price. Unless this guy was hard up for money, I would be doing him a favor by removing the trees, so I wasn't about to pay for doing something that somebody would have otherwise charge for.

Just finished one a week or so back that I had been watchin' on CL for over a month. The OP kept updating every couple of days or so and dropping more and more of their demands. Wish I had kept it but it started out something like:

Valuable timber - poplar hardwood - very large logs, over 4' in diameter - great for furniture maker or woodworker - already cut to lengths and ready to P/U. Call w/ offer. Must be licensed and insured. Must have crane/hoist to properly move/handle, must have saw with bar bigger than 4', etc.

Within a few weeks, the "licensed and insured bit disappeared, along with the part about making an offer. When finally it started to look like they were pleading, and I was gettin' bored anyway, I figured I'd give a call (they were also just a couple of miles down the road).

Turns out the rather gruff older lesbian who had run the ad had already had a tree company limb and buck the tree, as well as move it all right to the curb. There was evidence on several of the logs of what appeared to be 14-16" Poulan/Homelite beavers whittling at the 40"+ dia. 4' long logs... to no avail. The homeowner then advised that her neighbor was going to take them if I didn't, so I thanked her and left. Before I got two blocks she called me back and asked was I still interested. I explained that I had no use for them other than as firewood, (gave her the "Highly Valuable Black Walnut Tree" story and explained that the poplar wasn't hardly worth the energy to haul and split. Ended up with her payin' me $200. I rolled 'em onto my trailer, slabbed some out and stickered for drying, and the rest I'll probably burn.

People crack me up sometimes.

leaves! come get your leaves!

2 dozen large trash bags (Hickory and surrounding)

Date: 2012-01-15, 11:50AM EST

Bags are currently full of leaves - must take leaves and bags. Email if interested.

BIRCH TREE'S AND WOOD

BIRCH TREE'S AND WOOD (CEDAR LAKE,IND)

Date: 2012-01-13, 11:36PM CST
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

WHAT I HAVE UP FOR SELL HERE IS SOME FRESH CUT BIRCH WOOD LOGS
ABOUT 3 FOOT LONG.
AND FULL SIZE LIVE BIRCH TREE'S FOR SELL.
YOU CAN DIG THEM OUT OR I CAN CUT THEM TO SIZE.
THIS TYPE OF BIRCH WOOD IS GREAT FOR MAKING GREAT LOG FURNITURE.
IF INTERESTED CALL
1-219-374-6236

if I'm looking at it right those are poplar trees not birch :ices_rofl:

free vacuum bags (hickory)
Free vacuum cleaner bags, ideal for cleaning your house. All you have to do to get them is use my vacuum cleaner in my home, and once the bag is full, you can take the bag home. You're welcome to empty them out and reuse them, or get creative with recycling. Maybe you could spray them with epoxy and make bird houses out of them.

hey look, a follow up

Two dozen trash bags (Hickory surrounding)
Bags are full of leaves. Must take bags and leaves. Don't worry, I'll keep posting as long as the douche that keeps flagging me can't find their sense of humor.

hey look, a follow up

Two dozen trash bags (Hickory surrounding)
Bags are full of leaves. Must take bags and leaves. Don't worry, I'll keep posting as long as the douche that keeps flagging me can't find their sense of humor.

Just FYI, occasionally people will use leaves as bedding for animals.

Man, don't you know, a cord is whatever the seller wants to call a cord :laugh:

If it's a face cord (usually 1/3 of what we know here to be a cord) that's not a bad deal. Those look like 4'x4'x4' thrown pallets, probably about 1/3, maybe 1/4 if the pallets are smaller. Not a bad deal for someone with money and a neat-freak nagging wife :D

Back