Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://tricities.craigslist.org/wan/2106836386.html

seasoned fire wood (Elizabethton)
Date: 2010-12-11, 2:03AM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a truck load of items.that I would like to sale/trade as bulk. Includes wooden shelves, watt knots, kitchen items, JR Nova Compound Bow, Bratz Sleeping Bag, Girls Clothes 7-16, Toys, many other items. good for yard sale, thrift store, or flea market. Will take reasonable offer for all. EASY PROFIT call xxxxxxxx to arrange to look over and negotiate. Will consider trading for a couple loads of seasoned firewood. Thanks.

-----------

I'd try the old wheelbarrow load gag, but I think I'd still get ripped off....

And just how do watts get into knots, anyway? No wonder I lose my power so often.

If he will add the micky mouse lamp aunt beth bought him I'd jump the deal.

SA

What's even funnier is that ad is posted in the tri-cities (Tennessee) section - Saginaw is part of the tri-cities (Michigan). Wonder what he charges for delivery?

Well, hey, times are tough don't ya know. Gotta consider expanding your delivery area. I think you're right though, mistook Tri-Cities TN for Tri-Cities MI. The MI section is not close to the TN section on the main CL page however, and the page is Saginaw-Midland-BC.

And those are obviously "face cords", not cords.

BB ( who was born a Michigander... )

Wonder what its tryeated with?

fire wood and rack trade for ??? (noblesville)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-12-14, 8:10PM EST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have split and tryeated fire wood and rack.u have to pick up trade what do you have to offer for all will no separate. Will not deliver text only 765-639-8191

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2113348610

fire wood and rack trade for ??? (noblesville)

Date: 2010-12-14, 8:10PM EST

Have split and tryeated fire wood and rack.u have to pick up trade what do you have to offer for all will no separate. Will not deliver text only 765-639-8191

PostingID: 2113348610

Googled the phone #...same guy.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/2115937640.html

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/bar/2109621688.html

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/bar/2110120110.html

He is selling the stereo out of the car he wants to trade.

*RED OAK FIREWOOD* - $65 (strongsville, oh)

Date: 2010-12-16, 7:18PM EST

We just put down our large RED OAK TREE. Perfect for Firewood. I am selling by the whole (trunk) , unless you want it precut, then we can do that as well. Call ahead of time. Asking $65 for one whole piece of trunk. Wont last long! Paul (440) 521-9597. Dimensions are as follows; trunk is about 4 ft in diameter and precut to 12-18inch pieces in length.

Free wood from large deck I removed. It is cut into pieces. Call or respond to ad.

Okay this guy has 40-50 Black locust trees that he wants removed from his property. I call him up to verify the wording in his ad, and sure enough, he required that you take every last tree, remove all debris, and grind each stump. No one-zies or two-zies.

I told him to rent a bulldozer because he won't ever find anyone to do all that he asks.

One Hundred Pieces Aged Cherry Firewood Cut to Fireplace Size
One Hundred Pieces Aged Cherry Firewood Cut to Fireplace Size - $65 (Dousman)
Date: 2011-01-14, 9:00AM CST
Reply to: see below

Cut to fireplace size this is wood from my own property. You will pick 100 pieces from the pile. This is not the whole pile as pictured. You can check out the fact that cherry is an excellent fireplace wood. Covered and 2 years aged this is perfect for your needs this winter. Guaranteed 100 pieces, you haul with easy access to your car or truck. Cash only. Bring your wheelbarrel and start your winter fires tonight. Saves on energy costs. An easy drive just one turn off of highway 67 in Waukesha County. Call 262-751-3767 today.
Somebody could buy that and sell it in "bundles", probably make a fortune.

One Hundred Pieces Aged Cherry Firewood Cut to Fireplace Size
One Hundred Pieces Aged Cherry Firewood Cut to Fireplace Size - $65 (Dousman)
Date: 2011-01-14, 9:00AM CST
Reply to: see below

Cut to fireplace size this is wood from my own property. You will pick 100 pieces from the pile. This is not the whole pile as pictured. You can check out the fact that cherry is an excellent fireplace wood. Covered and 2 years aged this is perfect for your needs this winter. Guaranteed 100 pieces, you haul with easy access to your car or truck. Cash only. Bring your wheelbarrel and start your winter fires tonight. Saves on energy costs. An easy drive just one turn off of highway 67 in Waukesha County. Call 262-751-3767 today.
Somebody could buy that and sell it in "bundles", probably make a fortune.

Funny, I saw that ad and noticed quite a few pieces of birch bark in there... Hmm... I've got 100 pieces of gold to sell, 65 bucks, you haul...

tired of paying too much for firewood try wood chips - $40 (newport news)

Date: 2011-01-13, 11:13AM EST

Wood chips are perfect if you have a woodstove. 40 per pickup load. 60 for delivery. Will last you two plus weeks.

tired of paying too much for firewood try wood chips - $40 (newport news)

Date: 2011-01-13, 11:13AM EST

Wood chips are perfect if you have a woodstove. 40 per pickup load. 60 for delivery. Will last you two plus weeks.

Kind of like "saxophones are perfect if you have a birdbath"!

I think wood chips are great. I just use alot of newspaper in the bottom, and shovel woodchips on top. Have to load it pretty often, but it makes alot of smoke. More smoke, more heat, right?
:rotfl:

Oak firewood - $50 (Atco)

Oak firewood

Oak firewood - $50 (Atco)

Date: 2011-01-24, 8:04PM EST

Oak firewood. 50.00/cord. Pick up only.

Here was my e-mail response to add:

A couple of questions.
What size logs? Splits? Length?
You are talking a 4' X 4' X 8' "cord"?
How old is the wood? Fresh cut? Standing dead? Past it's prime?
How many cords available?

we shall see

I've heard of face cords,cords,ricks,,but never heard this terminology.

SEASONED SPLIT DRY FIREWOOD/FREE DELIVERY - $25 (LEXINGTON)

Date: 2011-01-21, 6:30AM EST

SEASONED SPLIT DRY FIREWOOD 25.00 rick roll
call 606-706-5711

Back