Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3k03m93oc5Y35P15X3b3587d6190407ff1d4e.jpg

id be all over that if it was closer to me!

This is for real

looking for sick baby ducks - $20 (okemos, williamston, webberville, Howell)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-03-23, 6:51PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that this time of year there is a large number of baby ducks. I have seen that sometimes there are one or two in a batch that are having a hard time and may not make it. Rather than getting rid of them assuming they wont make it, I would love the opportunity to try and help them. Please email me if there are any babies i cant take off your hands. Thanks!

tree removed

tree removed (minneapolis)

Date: 2011-03-24, 11:51AM CDT

Hi I am looking to get a ball park estimate to have a tree removed. I understand that you can't give me a concrete bid without coming out but I want to get some ball park estimates before having two different people come out and give me bids. The tree is between 2 houses, the base is 40 inches wide than sprouts up straight and than y's off in different directions and over hangs both the houses. The tree is 50-60 feet tall.....no more than 60. At no point can this tree be dropped, it must be cut and roped down piece by piece all the way to the stump. I want all wood and brush hauled away and I dont want to have the stump grinded but if you like you have throw in a whole different bid for that but there is 8 feet between the 2 houses so if you can grind it with that kind of room go a head and throw in a separate bid for that. I am not putting a picture of my house up here or sending one, give me your ball park estimates and of course you have to be insured.........if you think you will be touching a tree like this around my house without that you have to be crazy. with all this said..........60ft tree/between to houses/over hangs both houses/its 40 inches in width at the base/ and needs to be taken down piece by piece. I know this is not going to be cheap so if you throw me a bid that says 500 I will throw your bid in the garbage cause you dont know what your doing. This is a dangerous tree so please keep that in mind when sending your estimates thanks and have a great day.

tree removed

tree removed (minneapolis)

Date: 2011-03-24, 11:51AM CDT

Hi I am looking to get a ball park estimate to have a tree removed. I understand that you can't give me a concrete bid without coming out but I want to get some ball park estimates before having two different people come out and give me bids. The tree is between 2 houses, the base is 40 inches wide than sprouts up straight and than y's off in different directions and over hangs both the houses. The tree is 50-60 feet tall.....no more than 60. At no point can this tree be dropped, it must be cut and roped down piece by piece all the way to the stump. I want all wood and brush hauled away and I dont want to have the stump grinded but if you like you have throw in a whole different bid for that but there is 8 feet between the 2 houses so if you can grind it with that kind of room go a head and throw in a separate bid for that. I am not putting a picture of my house up here or sending one, give me your ball park estimates and of course you have to be insured.........if you think you will be touching a tree like this around my house without that you have to be crazy. with all this said..........60ft tree/between to houses/over hangs both houses/its 40 inches in width at the base/ and needs to be taken down piece by piece. I know this is not going to be cheap so if you throw me a bid that says 500 I will throw your bid in the garbage cause you dont know what your doing. This is a dangerous tree so please keep that in mind when sending your estimates thanks and have a great day.

"Well, without seeing it, I'd estimate around $25K. If that's not enough, please don't throw my bid in the garbage. I can make it higher if you prefer." :rolleyes:

I put an ad on there to remove downed trees free if they were oak or beech. I also stated that I would not remove standing trees because I was not licensed or insured and that I used the wood to heat my home. The first response I get was from a woman to come look at a standing dead oak tree that was FAR away from anything. So I jump in the car and ride 15 miles up the road to take a look at this tree. It's 10 feet from their shed and maybe 30 from electric lines. I hopped back in the car and left. She sent me a nasty email about how "unprofessional" I was. So she got one back with as many 4 letter words as I could think of. I guess reading REALLY is fundamental, lol.

How nice of them to let you keep the wood. :)
At least they are not demanding see the person insurance before allowing them to work for free. haha

Needed ~ Tree Removal (Stevensville)

Date: 2011-02-13, 1:16PM EST

I am looking for someone experienced in tree removal to cut down 3 oak trees and 1 magnolia tree for FREE. In exchange this individual can keep all the lumber. These are very nice trees that are about 40' tall. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2212427026

Please don't seem them any nasty emails. That would not be a polite thing to do.

NEED FREE WOOD? Cut down my tree! (800 17th st.)

Date: 2011-03-24, 7:11PM EDT

I have a HUGE tree in my back yard. I believe it could be a Maple or an Elm tree? Honestly I'm not positive. I'm looking for anyone interested in cutting it down and taking all or as much wood as you want........FOR FREE! You must be licensed and insured due to liability. If you are interested just send me an email of interest. If you are NOT interested there is no need to apply since last time I put a post up to do this I had a few angry men leave me nasty e mails. It's unacceptable!!!! Please only reply if you are interested.
Thank you!

PostingID: 2284272083

zz.jpg
zzz.jpg

zzzz.jpg
zzzzz.jpg

Certifiable walnut for your woodworking dreams

Walnut Trees - $3000 (Boone IA, in town)

Date: 2011-03-29, 12:59PM CDT

4 Black Walnut Trees for sale. Had them checked out by a Forestry student and verified should be worth 3,000 total for all 4 trees.

PostingID: 2293554390

Copyright © 2011 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

Here on the east coast Black Walnut brings a bloody fortune. I don't doubt that 4 decent sized black walnut trees, 20-24" in diameter, would fetch upwards of $4-5,000 here for the lumber.

I must be on the other east coast. I had three nice walnut logs last year the best offer I got from the local mills was $400 for all 3.

I must be on the other east coast. I had three nice walnut logs last year the best offer I got from the local mills was $400 for all 3.

Here in Md they bring a fortune. The mills here told me that when I take the walnut trees down at the farm to call them. I have 3 of them that are 24" in diameter. Personally I hate the damn things because of the nuts they drop. :angry2: But they ship the raw logs to Japan and get premium money for them. I don't know if that has any thing to do with it or maybe the close proximity to the Port of Baltimore?

Hell, I'd buy 2.5-3 cord for $200

Firewood Wanted For Next Year

Firewood Wanted For Next Year - $200 (Cottage Grove)

Date: 2011-04-06, 8:33PM CDT

I'm looking to buy a large amount of oak firewood for next year, maybe around 10-12 face cord. If you are selling your house or just want to sell all the wood you currently have please email or call. I am only interested in dryed oak to use in a wood furnace. I could pay you $200 cash for all of it and I would pick it up. 608-212-2466

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2309976225

Oh yeah, can you take my saws, too, for another $25?

D*ck...

trade my wife - $1 (southern wv)

trade my wife - $1 (southern wv)

Date: 2011-04-06, 1:45AM EDT

Im willing to trade my wife for a six pack of coors for 1 week

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2308198554

Latest posts

Back