Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW, that is all I can say is WOW!
What about the dude, get out and cut himself some ####ing wood, we all do, why cant he?

We stored up nuts for the winter. He's just a stored up nut this winter. No saw, no axe, no job, no money, no ambition...bad down on his luck most likely.
If I was close to him, I would help him out with some firewood.
Hell, I have a story for you. A long time buddy of mine has a wood heater in his hooch up on the mountains. Has a saw, but no truck any more. Been burning scrap pallets and 2bys for heat. Works 60 hrs. a week. Isn't mechanically inclined to get the saw running, even though it would prolly run with just fresh gas splashed in it. Just no motivation to go cut wood. :dizzy:

Stihl & Husqvarna Chainsaw and Parts, - $1000 (Waverly,Ohio)

Not funny, but could be of interest to somebody on here...

Stihl & Husqvarna Chainsaw and Parts,

064 Crankcases,ms280 parts, 044 parts,038 Magnum 2 needs rebuilt. cylinders, So many parts ,ms440 crankcase. 372 husqvarna parts, gas tanks pull starters. there So many parts I can not even list all of them. pictures will tell all. you would not believe what and all we have. We use to sell on eBay and we stopped selling. If you do sell on eBay currently, this would bring in the bucks. Top dollar. There is many chainsaw on here that are almost completed but need a few parts. asking 1000.00 O.B.O for all and you may make an offer if it is good. The 046 runs but needs parts. and has very strong compression. There are also bars and chains. you will not find this deal no where else. please call 740-947-8720. If no answer leave a message and we will call back. I will not part out nothing, all has to go.

Interesting Twist

Here's what keeps the ads going... People do pay money for trees.

BUYING MAPLE TREES

BUYING MAPLE TREES
I am buying figured big leaf maple. The trees must be a minumim of 2 1/2 feet wide. If you have any trees on your property of this size or larger give us a call or email me back. We are licensec and insured. We also pay for the trees before leaving your property and sometimes even before the tree hits the ground. We will purchase trees anywhere. We have been buying maple trees combined for over thirty years. We prefer to buy from loggers or large land owners but will also buy from property owners that have only a few. You can email me at my hotmail or give me a call at 36zero-78five-41hundred. My name is Shawn and I look forward to hearing from you.

A better class of firewood.; the sexy class. Get it while it's hawt.

Seriously?
Sexy Sexy Free firewood - first in first served | Trade Me

why hasn't anyone jumped all over this:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/building-renovation/heating-cooling/other/auction-564498467.htm

I only wish whoever takes up this offer flattens their cars and fence while livening up their whole house when they bring down the powerlines with the tree. there is no cure for stupid or selfish it would seem:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/home-living/heating-cooling/firewood/auction-564446963.htm

Last edited:
:dizzy:

1x large live trees standing approx 3 storey high, in Papatoetoe area.
Close to power lines.

You may take as much as you like or the whole lot. Small amounts are for free. "First come, first serve"

$200 will be paid if you take away the whole lot. Yes, the owner of the tree will pay you.

Been told by a TradeMe member that the type of tree is probably Salix/Willow or Poplar, which will make good firewood.

Approved by the Auckland Council for its total removal.

200 whole dollars!!! WOW!!!! Load 'em up boys.........:hmm3grin2orange:

WANTED: LOGS DELIVERED OR FREE LOGS OR FIREWOOD

WANTED: LOGS DELIVERED OR FREE LOGS OR FIREWOOD - $50 (Willoughby, Lake County)
HELLO, LOOKING FOR FREE LOGS OR STANDING TIMBER OR DOWN TREES OR SOMEONE WITH A DUMP TRUCK AND LOGS. Cash Paid. Up to $50 a dump truck full delivered of hardwood dumped on my driveway. Call or text. TEXTING BEST 440-571-2400. Chris

Wow, a whole $50? Sign me up....not.

this time of year tons of this kinda stuff pops up. People who run out of wood and want everyone else to do the work for them.

WANTED: LOGS DELIVERED OR FREE LOGS OR FIREWOOD

WANTED: LOGS DELIVERED OR FREE LOGS OR FIREWOOD - $50 (Willoughby, Lake County)
HELLO, LOOKING FOR FREE LOGS OR STANDING TIMBER OR DOWN TREES OR SOMEONE WITH A DUMP TRUCK AND LOGS. Cash Paid. Up to $50 a dump truck full delivered of hardwood dumped on my driveway. Call or text. TEXTING BEST 440-571-2400. Chris

Wow, a whole $50? Sign me up....not.

this time of year tons of this kinda stuff pops up. People who run out of wood and want everyone else to do the work for them.

Nothing wrong with this if you are in between jobs or i have multiple loads and someone offers to take a load of wood off the dump truck and pay me instead of running all the way to the yard or the mulch yard and its relative close to where we are working I am going there.

Nothing wrong with this if you are in between jobs or i have multiple loads and someone offers to take a load of wood off the dump truck and pay me instead of running all the way to the yard or the mulch yard and its relative close to where we are working I am going there.

That's exactly what the tree guys around here would prefer. I have done some clean up for tree services and taken logs off their hands at times. Lots easier than having to go all the way to the dump with loads of logs.

What does it cost to dump a load of logs if you don't have your own yard (aside from the driving time and fuel)?

Philbert

Where im located SE. Pa. dumping is free. I live in a mulch manufacturing mecca, they even take unchipped brush from the landscapers (that actually hurts the tree companies).
The dump site has 3 horizontal grinders along with 3 track hoes, that feed the grinders. The dump is about 8 acres. It gets filled up in about 2/3 months, and I mean filled up. They grind and haul everything in an amazing time of 4/5 days. Gotta see it to believe it.

Where I live in the city, residents can haul brush, leaves, yard waste, etc. to designated compost sites around the county. Landscapers can not. They have to pay to dump it at a private facility, or haul it all the way out of town in those big, thirsty trucks.

I don't burn a ton of wood, and only have room to store a cord or two of split wood. But when neighbors are having tree work done, if I ask nicely, they arborists are always happy to bring as much to my yard as I will take. Might just be a courtesy, but I have to think that it helps them some too.

Philbert

Back