Craigslist Wood Score!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iowa

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I seen an ad a couple weeks ago that said they needed 7 oaks down. 6 red and one white. So I responded and they said I was #2 on the list and another guy was ahead of me. Anyways long story short, the guy never showed to look at the trees. She just emailed me the other day and said if I was interested they were mine.

I went and looked at them and he has tons of them in his front and back yard. Nothing really huge size. Maybe 30" dia is the largest. They are just really tall. Most of them are 18-22" dia. Which is perfect!

But he doesn't just have 7!!!!!!! He took me clear to the back of his yard and just started pointing. That one, this one, blah blah, damn big bastards, just cut them down. I'm getting too old to rake these leaves in the fall and spring!!! LOL. I bet there's close to 30 oak that can be cut... Looks like I have my cutting patch ready for the winter!

congrats!!! Now just beware.....sometimes those unbelievable deals have hidden fishhooks. More times than not when on similar finds myself I find out that the woods is free and mine for the taking if...........with strings attached. I went to look at a deal last spring where I was offered up an entire woods. when I walked the property and got the scoop I found out it needed to be spotless clean after I was done. The under brush and all the small stuff had to be gone. Basically I think he was preparing for a building lot and wanted to see if he could get it ready for sale to build a house on for free. The cost to me to get all that done would have been tremendous and I feared that part way through he would back out or die (guy was very old) (got that from someone whom it actually happened to) and the family would tell me to leave.Usually I'm not the first one to have checked it out and usually I find out why others have come and left too.
Great deal and hope it turns out well......just beware.

I seen an ad a couple weeks ago that said they needed 7 oaks down. 6 red and one white. So I responded and they said I was #2 on the list and another guy was ahead of me. Anyways long story short, the guy never showed to look at the trees. She just emailed me the other day and said if I was interested they were mine.

I went and looked at them and he has tons of them in his front and back yard. Nothing really huge size. Maybe 30" dia is the largest. They are just really tall. Most of them are 18-22" dia. Which is perfect!

But he doesn't just have 7!!!!!!! He took me clear to the back of his yard and just started pointing. That one, this one, blah blah, damn big bastards, just cut them down. I'm getting too old to rake these leaves in the fall and spring!!! LOL. I bet there's close to 30 oak that can be cut... Looks like I have my cutting patch ready for the winter!

Pics or it didn't happen:greenchainsaw::greenchainsaw:

I'll get pics when I start. Which will be in about 3 weeks or so.

I talked to him about the brush and his yard being clean etc. He just wants the branches piled up to burn. He has had an older guy there with a small stihl and they can't handle the larger oaks. Looks like he's been dropping trees that are 16" dia. and less. He'll just be happy to get these big oak bastards out of his way! LOL. That's what he said anyways. Most of these old southern boys don't get too excited very fast. The one part of his yard is all tore up from digging leach lines anyways.

Latest posts

Back