Crane end attachment for a skid loader

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTS

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I recently saw in a magazine an attachment that is telescoping square like a crane hydraulic powered and is used as a crane up to 30 or so feet. It is a skid loader attachment.

I have the biggest skid New Holland makes the LS190. So size for me isn't an issue but I question the tip-abillity rate.

Anyone seen or used one. If it would work it would sure take the work out of the big limb over my house problem that we all get called for.

You know it is yet one more attachment that you have to store and one of those you may rarely use but man if it works like you think it should it would really be nice for those tough ones.

They are also called Material Handlers. If you buy one and put it to use it opens up a whole new can of worms as far as OSHA rules go. Youd better check it out if you plan on getting one. OSHA has "roamers" that will sit outside a jobsite and "observe" while they write you an infraction.

I have never seen OSHA in my neck of the woods. My opperations meet all requirements, never afraid to see them some day. Maybe they are the one's in the Black Helicopters?:laugh:

I don't think osha knows where Delaware County Iowa is:laugh:

No pun intended but we are in the sticks.

I think most of the inspectors are aware that they can pretty much put a small owner-operator out of business and into bankruptcy any time they want. In almost 20 years here in Orlando, the only time I ever heard of OSHA was when I worked for Davey. And Davey had their own safety inspectors which came around a couple times per year to write up the employees, we never saw OSHA but the threat was hung over our heads.

My point was merely that just by adding a "crane" attachment to something you are making it a crane, and subject to rules and regulations of a crane. We went through this where I work. Take a Articulated loader, you can get certified to operate the loader, but if you put a set of forks on it, its now an off-road forklift, and falls under a whole new set of rules and operation parameters. Ive persoanlly never seen an OSHA inspector either, but they are there.

Being as OSHA probably isn't a threat, it's good that Casey brought it up. It all comes down to safe operation for a piece of equipment that will react completely different with each attachment.

Tele-saw 21

OK I just saw the TELE-SAW 21 what do you guys think?

Or is this just wishing to make life easier and faster and save my climber?

If this TELE-SAW 21 really works seems you could trim a ton of hangers fast?

Back