Crankshaft bearing puller 562xp and more

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarongd

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow gurus of chainsaw repairs. I have a 562xp in which i split the case.s The bearings remained on the shaft in lieu of staying in the case. The bearings were good so i tried to press everything in in one shot. Nope ruined flywheel case. Tried again and ruined clutch side case. Normally i would install bearings in the case then put in crank and press case halves together. Tried removing bearings off shaft and no go. I tried heating up with torch and ruined everything crank and all. So i tried everything i could think of before i used torch. Does anyone know of a puller that will pull off bearings off a crankshaft? i have several like that in which i need to remove. There is barely enough room between crank journal and bach side of bearing. Less than a business card gap. I also try prying on both sides with no luck. Anybody?

I have not found a puller set for that yet. I even contacted two Husky dealers they do not list a puller. I don’t have any problem splitting the case generally so it’s really not that bad for me takes me 15 minutes and save me 220 bucks.

Attachments

• 6219A143-CD3A-47F2-9C39-195EB3B6FD0A.jpeg
    6219A143-CD3A-47F2-9C39-195EB3B6FD0A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • C4B33E24-F4B2-460E-B592-5A60E33BB94B.jpeg
    C4B33E24-F4B2-460E-B592-5A60E33BB94B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
I bought 2 of those and installed and it was the poorest quality i have ever seen. Every single hole needed to cleaned out with a tap. Not one single hole was good from factory nor did any of them allow one single bolt to thread in freely. I cannot believe it was OEM husky supposedly. Very disappointed in the new short blocks from HL Supply

I bought 2 of those and installed and it was the poorest quality i have ever seen. Every single hole needed to cleaned out with a tap. Not one single hole was good from factory nor did any of them allow one single bolt to thread in freely. I cannot believe it was OEM husky supposedly. Very disappointed in the new short blocks from HL Supply
The bolts are thread forming. They are supposed to cut threads in the new case.
I am at a but of a loss at what your getting at here. The last bottom end I did it was far cheaper to buy the oem case, then even to get bearings and crank stuffers, let alone getting a crank case assembly. The tools needed to complete the job correctly were and are quite expensive.

agreed bearing should stay in case. I have the OEM case splitter tools as well and bearings came out of case on crank
So you made the same mistake I did. Well now you know. Case is cheaper and less hassle in the long run. They even used a proprietary bearing that seem to be made of unobtainium.

Latest posts

Back