Ms461 Crankshaft

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saw Fixr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey All,

Working on an ms461, with a bad big end bearing. I see HLS has an aftermarket kit with everything but the piston (shaft, bearings , seals, gaskets)for under $100.
For those of you have ever used an AM crankshaft …how was your luck with them?
This is a commercial tree company’s saw, and I usually use all oem parts for their repairs, but this would get $$$ pretty quick if I buy an oem crank, which will be, I think prohibitively too expensive for this particular repair.
Thanks
Saw Fixr

Hey All,

Working on an ms461, with a bad big end bearing. I see HLS has an aftermarket kit with everything but the piston (shaft, bearings , seals, gaskets)for under $100.
For those of you have ever used an AM crankshaft …how was your luck with them?
This is a commercial tree company’s saw, and I usually use all oem parts for their repairs, but this would get $$$ pretty quick if I buy an oem crank, which will be, I think prohibitively too expensive for this particular repair.
Thanks
Saw Fixr
I have a brand new aftermarket MS460 crankshaft from HL Supply, I got it accidently a couple years back. (I needed a TS460 crank.) I'll sell it for $30.00 plus shipping from Okla.
Generally the cranks are durable enough. This seller guarantees his crank for a year.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1741172718...ip9SCvkS1K&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Thanks for the replies so far. I’ll try a “want to buy” in the parts section, for an oem. If that doesn’t pan out, @alexcagle, I might take you up on your offer.
Cheers!

I used an aftermarket crank on a TS420 concrete saw and noticed that the radius machined in the OEM cranks were not in the AF cranks. On a stress concentrations that is a big No-No and will increase greatly if it will start cracking. Other than that the general machining and fit was good.
depending on your labor costs if the saw lasts a year + it seems worth it to the owner.

Attachments

• IMG_4292.jpg
    IMG_4292.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4293.jpg
    IMG_4293.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back