Critique my tuning.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the very first cut it barely had any four stroke....... now make 5-6 hard cuts without pausing and then lift in the cut at WOT, guarantee you it sounds lean then.

If that’s half a key TA I’m a bit surprised- that advanced it will usually start to sound “pingy” on the top end and almost feel restricted.
That much TA isn’t going to help you save the lower end of the saw either. And Doesn’t appear to be giving any gains. I would
take the timing back to stock and compare.

Lastly- RPMs at WOT are one thing. But to hold the RPM’s in the cut you need fuel. I know people love RPM’s...... but richen that saw up a touch and you will gain power.

congrats on your build, one of the best “little” saws out there!

Edit: I somehow missed your last post..... and didn’t read all the other folks who already told you the same things:crazy: excuse my typing without reading all the way through!

Well, my buddy has had the saw for about a week now, running every day and he reports that it pulls much better than his stock 346 and he is very happy with it.
I'm pretty proud of it being my first build.

Latest posts

Back