CS-3000 fubared

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cweklund

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've been trying to get this damn chainsaw running like it should forever now and about had it. I don't know what's up with this thing. I've cleaned and rebuilt the carburetor, checked and set the reed, put pressure to the carburetor while still in the saw no drop in pressure, took carburetor out and put in a jar of solvent then put pressure to it.... no leaks, it's got a new vent, lines are good, I just don't know what the hells up, any suggestions would be much appreciated and I added a video.... It's short cuz that's all I was allowed, but you guys should get the gist of it. I set the jet screws and idle screw to spec as per service manual before I tried starting the saw in video. Thank you, cweklund

Attachments

• VID_20220511_123131_01_01_01.mp4
    41.4 MB
I've been trying to get this damn chainsaw running like it should forever now and about had it. I don't know what's up with this thing. I've cleaned and rebuilt the carburetor, checked and set the reed, put pressure to the carburetor while still in the saw no drop in pressure, took carburetor out and put in a jar of solvent then put pressure to it.... no leaks, it's got a new vent, lines are good, I just don't know what the hells up, any suggestions would be much appreciated and I added a video.... It's short cuz that's all I was allowed, but you guys should get the gist of it. I set the jet screws and idle screw to spec as per service manual before I tried starting the saw in video. Thank you, cweklund
Or when I start the saw it automatically surges into high speed then dies.

Sounds like you have an air leak or the carb is leaning out.
have pressure vac test saw to rule of air leak

Have you tried adjusting the carb after you got it running? According to your post you Set the jets according to the manual, And that is fine for getting it started, But the engine will rev too high if the low jet is set lean. Turn the low jet out until the chain stops or barely moves and then check for throttle response. And then set your high jet. You very well could have an air leak but until you get carb adjustment fundamentals down you won't know for sure and it's a good way to ruin a saw if it's not done correctly.

I would also back off the idle screw until it is almost not touching and it would be the last thing that is set after the jets are set.

Poor compression saws will generally not idle high-usually stalling from low idle while having to hold trigger down to keep running- this is high idle which usually air or fuel issue as saw revs up and dies from what video shows

It wont hurt to turn the low jet counter clockwise an 1/8 turn and see what happens, which would give you more fuel and slow the idle speed. Then adjust after you get it running. How many turns out does your manual suggest?

What is the compression? I gave a saw like this away and it ended up being the ring was stuck with carbon. Had like 60lbs and did fire but would not run. The ring did not survive extraction. New ring and seals and it ran great.

Correct carb kit?.
I had a recent, similar issue.
Turned out the ebay kit was wrong. Previous owner had used the same...wrong
..kit. 🙄

Back