Cub Cadet Commercial cs5018 & cs5220?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I have a hunch as to what happened to the cubby line of efco saws!
Efco has regrouped and plans on marketing/ditributing their saws here in the US!They just opened up emak USA in wooster ohio! So they might have pulled the cubby saws due to that! But then we stihl have John Deere's overpriced saws that are made by efco, Wonder what will become of those if anything?

Emak USA emailed me, and gave me a number to call about getting a new filter for my 951. Maybe things are looking up.

I opened up the baffle on the 5018, but the spark screen will have to be drilled out and then screwed back in before the exhaust holes can be opened up. I need to get the right screws first. After looking at the setup, I think I would do that anyway, should the screen ever need replacing. I doubt if there will be much power to gain, but it might run a little cooler.

I am a new member and this is my first post. I have been reading this forum and it is full of excellent information. Thanks.

I also bought a new CS5018 off of EBay. Terrific saw. I am near the end of the first gallon of fuel on it. The only slight negative is that it is a little hard to start (compared to my Cub Cadet leaf blower HS26). It takes about 4 pulls with choke closed and another 2 with chole open to get it going when cold. The leaf blower takes two pulls (one choke closed and one choke open) to start. It has a Japanese engine.

I looked at the Husky and was quite disappointed at the engine rating. Anything below and including 345 is a C (50 hour) engine. The 350 is a B (125 hour engine). One has to move up to the ranch saw to get an A (300 hour engine). The 13x, 14x, and the 12x string trimmer etc all have the C (50 hour) engine on them. I guess we cannot just treat a brand name as before. It really depends on which product within the brand name.

loubapache said:
I am a new member and this is my first post. I have been reading this forum and it is full of excellent information. Thanks.

I also bought a new CS5018 off of EBay. Terrific saw. I am near the end of the first gallon of fuel on it. The only slight negative is that it is a little hard to start (compared to my Cub Cadet leaf blower HS26). It takes about 4 pulls with choke closed and another 2 with chole open to get it going when cold. The leaf blower takes two pulls (one choke closed and one choke open) to start. It has a Japanese engine.

I looked at the Husky and was quite disappointed at the engine rating. Anything below and including 345 is a C (50 hour) engine. The 350 is a B (125 hour engine). One has to move up to the ranch saw to get an A (300 hour engine). The 13x, 14x, and the 12x string trimmer etc all have the C (50 hour) engine on them. I guess we cannot just treat a brand name as before. It really depends on which product within the brand name.

Welcome! For the price, I don't think you could go wrong with the 5018. This makes my third Italian saw. Parts can be a problem, but you should be able to get whatever you need. There are quite a few guys here with 952s in one color or another, if you need any help.

Pat

Thanks, Pat.

I looked at the Efco USA website and the CS5018/5220 is identical to the 152. I hope we can buy parts from them soon. The air filter seems to be expensive at Partstree.

BTW, the Cub Cadet manual is not good. The Efco manual (for the 152) is much better.

loubapache said:
Thanks, Pat.

I looked at the Efco USA website and the CS5018/5220 is identical to the 152. I hope we can buy parts from them soon. The air filter seems to be expensive at Partstree.

BTW, the Cub Cadet manual is not good. The Efco manual (for the 152) is much better.

Hey I just wanna save you some trouble if your gonna get an air filter for either saw! The air filter for the efco 152 and the cub cadet 5018/5220 are NOT the same. I learned this the hard way! Close but no cigar! So close it's hard to explain the differences with out seeing for yourself! I have and brand new extra air filter for the cub cadet line of saws if someone needs one! The efco has a compensating carb while the cub does not thats why they are cheaper!

slipknot said:
Hey I just wanna save you some trouble if your gonna get an air filter for either saw! The air filter for the efco 152 and the cub cadet 5018/5220 are NOT the same. I learned this the hard way! Close but no cigar! So close it's hard to explain the differences with out seeing for yourself! I have and brand new extra air filter for the cub cadet line of saws if someone needs one! The efco has a compensating carb while the cub does not thats why they are cheaper!

That's good to know. Maybe I should get an extra filter while Cub Cadet chainsaws are still around. Since you showed me the Dynamac saws I emailed EMak and they gave me a number to call to get a filter for the 951. Thanks!

Pat

pallis said:
That's good to know. Maybe I should get an extra filter while Cub Cadet chainsaws are still around. Since you showed me the Dynamac saws I emailed EMak and they gave me a number to call to get a filter for the 951. Thanks!

Pat

So your saying that it ended up being the same part # as the dynamac saws??

Hell yeah...Damn I'm good!:hmm3grin2orange: :cheers:

I thought them dynamacs looked like the old olympiks! I wonder if they will be distributed here in the us now that there is
EMAK USA now?

Back