Curly Willow Leaf Falling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeZ

Reaction score
I have Five Curly Willows, There Losing there Leaves ,Trees About 5 years old and 30 feet tall. Can you help.
JoeZ

Some more info please:
What are the soil conditions like?
What kind of a site are they planted on?
What has the weather been like?
AND a picture is always a big help!

The soil is sandy and in Lawn, with a site slope, the trees get at lest one hour of sparkling a night. the weather has been about 100 Degrees for about a month, It has cooled off now. We have Apple and Cheery Orchard about 300 Yards away from us
Thank you JoeZ

The only thing that comes to mind is that generally the salix family is more of a wet site species. If you have had that much heat the willows are probably going dormant until the soil moisture picks back up, especially being on a sandy sloped site.

AND the only time we "sparkle" our trees around here is at Christmas time:D

If you meant "sprinkled" as in lawn irrigation then the grass is probably using the H2O before the tree roots even have a chance at it. Those trees should probably be mulched 2-3 deep out past the drip line and watered deeply at least once a week. Putting a soaker hose under the mulch would really help.

The other thing that I do know is that in this area the Corkscrew willows tend to be somewhat shortlived with many cancor problems. The biggest and best ones that I've seen here are actually planted in the bottom of the ditches going into a housing subdivision.

Latest posts

Back