Fuel line size for rancher 55, 455 & 125B blower.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whippyflyer

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to this group, hope everyone is doing well.
As the title says I have a couple chainsaws and a blower I'm looking to replace the fuel lines on. All 3 are Husqvarna,
Rancher 55 epa1
Rancher 455 epa2
125B hand held blower

Anyone out there that knows the proper diameter tube for each machine?
I have the manuals for all 3, you would think the diameter of fuel line would be listed somewhere in there, not that I could find though.

The 55 I believe has a curly line, is that necessary or can I use bulk line?

One other question, is the nylon type air filter better than 0wthe cloth looking one?
For chainsaws

My hope is to buy one spool and use on all 3 machines, not sure if that is ok to do though.

Thanks for the help,
Take care everyone,

Whippyflyer

Here is how this went on my first 55.
Brand x has right ID size but OD was too big for the grommets.
Brand xx has right OS but ID was too small for the barbs.
Brand jungle was garbage.
I then ordered from dealer and waited for the straight OEM lines.

Hello everyone, new to this group, hope everyone is doing well.
As the title says I have a couple chainsaws and a blower I'm looking to replace the fuel lines on. All 3 are Husqvarna,
Rancher 55 epa1
Rancher 455 epa2
125B hand held blower

Anyone out there that knows the proper diameter tube for each machine?
I have the manuals for all 3, you would think the diameter of fuel line would be listed somewhere in there, not that I could find though.

The 55 I believe has a curly line, is that necessary or can I use bulk line?

One other question, is the nylon type air filter better than 0wthe cloth looking one?
For chainsaws

My hope is to buy one spool and use on all 3 machines, not sure if that is ok to do though.

Thanks for the help,
Take care everyone,

Whippyflyer

On my 55, I use echo 3mm x 5mm bulk line. Can't say about the others.

Just a hint:
What I do is buy the tygon kits that has several different sizes of tygon.
I have found them reasonably priced on Amazon. I then take the old lines and compare them to the kit sizes and even then mm sizes can be slightly different and even ordering OEM lines and paying a premium price is a no go.
With the kits i can flog almost any thing immediately.
Sometimes the tygon now days when order for a specific model machine will not be correct size in either the OD or the ID, most generally the OD for a good snug fit into a plastic gas tank. I sometimes have to slightly ream a plastic tank's hole for a good tight compression fit for tygon OD.

AND some of the tygon tubing now days is not any good right out of the package or off the reel. Will split when installed onto a barb, not immediately but few days later.

Thanks for taking the time to respond fellas.
Looks like one of the multi size packs will be the way to go.
How can I tell if the line is actually Tygon, or is all the yellow line Tygon. There are a lot of choices on Amazon, you think they all come out of the same manufacturer?

Anyone have an opinion on chainsaw air filters, is the stock cloth looking one best or is the nylon type better. Seems like the nylon type will clean up better than the stock.
Thoughts?

Here is a link to the kits I use. I've used up two or three of these kits in last couple years. You can select 1 ft lengths or 2 ft lengths.
This link is few months old so you may have to just use it as a reference to look for a update. I have Amazon Prime so I get the free shipping.
It seems to be the real deal tygon. Some Napa auto supplys has good bulk tygon but it's expensive per ft.
I have no opinion about your air filter question other than I have the OEM versions air filters that are 50 years old.

Some of them weedeaters may require you to search with your model number and then look at fuel line kit which sometimes comes with fuel lines, spark plug, air filter replacement primer bulb and carb for less than $20 with free shipping. Some of them little fellers have odd ball fuel line sizes of two different sizes for the return line.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H39GDMQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Latest posts

Back