Custom 066... ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I gotta bring this one back.

A couple of things: Dean said the guy lives 15 minutes north of him, not 10. And 15 minutes would be if he were driving fast. Second, everybody and their dog around there mods saws. It's arguably the best growing region for doug fir in the country, and they log it. Heck, the Onalaska high school mascot is the loggers. Kids in shop class mod saws. Not like Dean's in the middle of Manhattan building saws and there isn't anyone for miles and miles building saws.

Doesn't seem from the guys description that the saw really is stroked, just has a longer rod and a spacer under the cylinder. Not to say that won't boost it any, but that won't give a longer stroke. Maybe next time I'm home, I'll swing by that guy's place.

If anybody's going to Logger's Jubilee in Morton this year, I'm sure he'll be there too.

I just have to bring this up on you guys at Arboristsite again.

I am a fairly fresh cutter so I stubbled across this looking at saw mods for 66s. The saw builder you guys were so avidly bashing lives less then 5 miles from my house. He has been a timber faller for over 30 years and has built up quite a reputation for himself in the industry, if you would like to see what kind of wood he cuts, Madsen's just released their 2006 catalog with him on the front cover. I am proud to have someone with that many years of experience around while I have been starting out.

I got a glance at the saw a few time before it was finished and it was pretty beefy, piston was larger then normal 66 and I was over while he was doing the port timing on the cylinder and even have one of his cylinders on my saw which now has alot more torque compaired to when I first bought it.

I stand corrected, my apoligies to the builder:bowdown: It's just that every Tom **** and Harry out there wants to get into this right now!!
Andy

Yep, I have to agree with BG. I have never met him personally due to geographical distance, but I've had probably 20 or more phone conversations with Orville over the past 2 months. He's currently modding an MS660 for me and I should have it back by early next week. I'm expecting good things from it. He treats his customers very well and is genuine in wanting to make sure you are satisfied. Not only is he a 30+ yr pro logger and work/woods saw builder, he builds and races nitro saws. He will be competing at Placerville in October. Of course my final opinion will be formed when I receive and run my saw next week, but at this point I believe he's a knowledgeable straight-up guy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back