Custom 066... ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait a minute Fred. I didn't BS about contacting the guy. I can send you his response if you don't believe me. It is not my saw so I can't be Bsing about anything there so what is the point? He did not say he used a 066 crank but told someone it was a M/C rod. Couldn't he also use a M/C crank? No balance problem then. I know of a racer that put a 250 M/C crank, rod, piston and cylinder into a 090 Stihl chassis.
As for using an 064 crank. That is the same as a 066 crank in stroke. He also told a member here the displacement was maybe 6.1 CI. That takes more than a long rod because displacement on an 066 is 5.7 +- CI. I have not said it is or isn't stroked. Can't we refrain from tearing the guy up until we find out? He mentioned to me that he has a nitro fired 064 for racing. I would like to see him become a member here but with the negativity that would be hard to envision. Mike

rupedoggy said:
As for using an 064 crank. That is the same as a 066 crank in stroke. He also told a member here the displacement was maybe 6.1 CI. That takes more than a long rod because displacement on an 066 is 5.7 +- CI. Mike

I said jug and piston not crank. And as far as CI 6.1 He just might be full of shat because he doesnt have a clue. Also if that was a real stroker motor he wouldnt need ebay to sell it. AND THATS THE FACTS

MacDaddy said:
I said jug and piston not crank. And as far as CI 6.1 He just might be full of shat because he doesnt have a clue. Also if that was a real stroker motor he wouldnt need ebay to sell it. AND THATS THE FACTS

MacDaddieo

I'm a little tuffer to impress also!

What is the chance that if he did have an 064 turning on the juice, that someone would allready know him?

There is very little doupt that this builder is a lurker or a member here!

I know its Rupedoggy with his new address in Wa JJ Rupedoggy

Also he said it had a spacer of .230 and if it was just a stroker crank with the stock rod it would have a .520 longer stroke and thats 13 mm And as far as a M/C rod I would say NO because you have to many variables length, width, big end dia, small end dia, wieght, balance! So I still say BULL CRAP

And if you are on this site please come out and prove me wrong!

MacDaddy said:
I know its Rupedoggy with his new address in Wa JJ Rupedoggy

Also he said it had a spacer of .230 and if it was just a stroker crank with the stock rod it would have a .520 longer stroke and thats 13 mm And as far as a M/C rod I would say NO because you have to many variables length, width, big end dia, small end dia, wieght, balance! So I still say BULL CRAP

And if you are on this site please come out and prove me wrong!

Ok Mac Daddy your wrong....:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Just kidding you know more about this stuff then alot here.. I would trust your word on this..

This is the new stroker crank for my hotsaw HAHA
Actualy its the stroker crank for my Raptor 700 (now 770)

attachment.php

looks like it will fit rite in the 066..LOL

Mac what type of camera are you shooting with?? Nice clear pictures..

klickitatsacket said:
He knows his stuff and has been around the block a few times. He's only 15 minutes up the road from me.;) we have not had the time to meet in person yet but I know the people he knows and I have seen the Nitrous saw he used to run.

Then do you car to shed some light on the findings of the motor? I am still no more convince after your comment than before it, especially if he only lives 10 minutes from you and you have never met.....Sounds a little fishy to me, but then again, WTF do I know?

-Steve

Freakingstang said:
Then do you car to shed some light on the findings of the motor? I am still no more convince after your comment than before it, especially if he only lives 10 minutes from you and you have never met.....Sounds a little fishy to me, but then again, WTF do I know?

-Steve

Heck, there's over a million people 10 minutes from me, and I've haven't met 999,995 of them! On the other hand, there's a few less 10 minutes from Dean:D

Lakeside53 said:
Heck, there's over a million people 10 minutes from me, and I've haven't met 999,995 of them! On the other hand, there's a few less 10 minutes from Dean:D

You know what I mean, Are there 25 millon saw builders wtihin 10 minutes of Dean...

We, people that is, tend to socialize with people of the same interests. You'd think that someone that was also into the sport would take the time to moisey 10 minutes up the road to learn something new.....

I understand you comments stang. We have talked on the phone a few times. The problem is that he is a full time logger and I am full time at the shop. We have tried to get together a few times but it never works out. The Nitrous saw he used to run is at Madsen's. I have talked with Sam about Orreville (spelling). Come to think about it I have talked to quite a few builders on the phone that I have never met in person: Don Walker, Ken Dunn, Terry Warlick, Ed Heard, Dan Henry and Dwayne Cody. Then there are those guys that I talked to for quite a while before I ever got to meet them like: Dennis (full moon) Cahoon and Greg Brewer. What about the guys I would love to sit and talk to like: Spansky, Ekhart and Fales. What about all the young pups like myself who I have never met but get to talk with like: Fred, Gary, Shawn and even you.
I know this is not going to convince you as I was only making the point that just because I have never meet Orreville face to face does not mean the man does not a have a reputation. Might not be big in this circle of people, yet it is know in this circle and by others who are held in high esteme by members in this circle.;)

klickitatsacket said:
I understand you comments stang. We have talked on the phone a few times. The problem is that he is a full time logger and I am full time at the shop. We have tried to get together a few times but it never works out. The Nitrous saw he used to run is at Madsen's. I have talked with Sam about Orreville (spelling). Come to think about it I have talked to quite a few builders on the phone that I have never met in person: Don Walker, Ken Dunn, Terry Warlick, Ed Heard, Dan Henry and Dwayne Cody. Then there are those guys that I talked to for quite a while before I ever got to meet them like: Dennis (full moon) Cahoon and Greg Brewer. What about the guys I would love to sit and talk to like: Spansky, Ekhart and Fales. What about all the young pups like myself who I have never met but get to talk with like: Fred, Gary, Shawn and even you.
I know this is not going to convince you as I was only making the point that just because I have never meet Orreville face to face does not mean the man does not a have a reputation. Might not be big in this circle of people, yet it is know in this circle and by others who are held in high esteme by members in this circle.;)

Fair enough answer. Sorry I was harsh to kinda point you out, wasn't really my intention, but I know where you are coming from. I haven't met that many people in the so called circle, yet have talked to a few of them.

-Steve

rmihalek said:
RaisedbyWolves had an interesting point about increasing the volume of the crankcase, but I don't recall reading that 066's suffered from too small of a case.

I totally lost track of this thread..

Just to clarify, if anything you normally would want to decrease the C-case volume for better boost.

There are lots of tricks that are common in certain venues of 2 stroke racing that dont make in saw building, But I have no idea why.

Anybody?

Back