• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Custom Homelite C series dogs dawgs spikes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey Guy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, ive been lurking here for a couple years now and i finally have a reason to join. I recently got an old homelite c51 to add to my collection and i decided idled that such a badass saw needed a badass spike. I didn't like the homelite ones available so i designed my own. These are modeled in autocad and cut on a cnc plasma cutter. The one shown was my prototype out of mild steel but the final ones will be cut out of 1/8 stainless steel. I started out just making this for myself but i thought i should see if there was any other interest in these dogs. I f there is i will make up a batch for around $20 each. I am also working on an outer dog for c series saws that uses the clutch cover bolts, something i dont believe was available until now. I can also make a custom dog or dogs for your saw from a scan or photocopy of a stock dog. I only have temporary access to this equipment so please let me know. If there is sufficient interest in these c series spikes i can probably make a batch from stainless sometime this week

Ps. Sorry about the wrong blue on the c51. I grabbed the wrong can and didn't noticentill i started spraying. I put it back together for now but im going to repaint it in a much lighter shade.
20150206_155728.jpg 20150204_114902.jpg

Looks good. I am more interested in the AC drawing file. I am always looking for mechanical drawing files.

Back