cut some big (50+ inch) oak today, with pics!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dragrcr

dragrcr

Addicted to ArboristSite
so i went and cut some oak for a friends grandfather today, figured i would take some pics and share em with you guys.

attachment.php

in the middle of cutting a table
attachment.php

my buddy cutting a table
attachment.php

me running the 064 in some big wood
attachment.php

throwin chips.
attachment.php

Last edited:
dragrcr

dragrcr

Addicted to ArboristSite
ya we cut some of them un half already, the 64 got a new chain this week cause the old one had nothng left, i hand file my chains, it looks decieving but in the pic he is more than a foot away from the cut, and he was only that close to put a wedge in for me.

dragrcr

dragrcr

Addicted to ArboristSite
well, there was a little bit of rot in the core, actually had about 1-2 GALLONS of water come out of a cut, scared the crap out of us, thought it was GAS, but ended up being a water pocket in the rotten area, we did get a few table slabs out of it, and a neighbor bought a couple from us, paid for the mix and oil, we were gonna mill a large plank for a mantle for one of the guys there, but we decided it was too much effort to get it loaded on a trailer where it was laying. this is the last couple of years he will be able to cut firewood so this way he will have a good few years at lest before he has to worry about it, i was just there to do some cuttin and hep out friends.

dragrcr

dragrcr

Addicted to ArboristSite
everything in the pics was cut with my 064 and my 440 mag. we had a few other saws there 2, in one of the final pics, there is a rounf that was ripped into quarters, that was done with my buddies homie 330. but the stihls did basicly all the work.