Cutting Australian Hard Woods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Think yourself lucky in the USA :laughing: … if this bloke wasn’t wearing a purple hat he’d be perfectly camouflaged - picture from a chainsaw Facebook group. Even a sharp chain produces a lot of dust out here. He’ll be finding that dust in every orifice for the next week!
2A691BC7-9077-4ADA-A6F3-37C85B186BF0.jpeg

Think yourself lucky in the USA :laughing: … if this bloke wasn’t wearing a purple hat he’d be perfectly camouflaged - picture from a chainsaw Facebook group. Even a sharp chain produces a lot of dust out here. He’ll be finding that dust in every orifice for the next week!
View attachment 1096032
For the ‘concrete’ wood you have do people mainly use semi-chiz chain?
that’s what I’ve always used for dry blue or white gum Euc. The red gum we have cuts like butter, green or dry.

View attachment 1096032
@davidwyby knows what that all about being a desert 🌵 rat ,Lol

For the ‘concrete’ wood you have do people mainly use semi-chiz chain?
that’s what I’ve always used for dry blue or white gum Euc. The red gum we have cuts like butter, green or dry.
I don’t think there is necessarily a consensus. I asked the local stihl shop a while ago and they said they sell about the same of both. @trains uses semi chisel and @Rogue seems to run full chisel from the pictures I’ve seen. Maybe they can chime in, I do very little cutting but always use semi chisel - half a tank to tune and test for service and repairs and that’s about it at the moment.

I don’t think there is necessarily a consensus. I asked the local stihl shop a while ago and they said they sell about the same of both. @trains uses semi chisel and @Rogue seems to run full chisel from the pictures I’ve seen. Maybe they can chime in, I do very little cutting but always use semi chisel - half a tank to tune and test for service and repairs and that’s about it at the moment.
Some.404 with a good radial wear edge, with 6.2 / 1/4 file , IMG_1592.jpegIMG_1593.jpeg

Latest posts

Back