Cylinder base gasket for Stihl 031 AV?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duvallite

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm planning on trying to rebuild my 031 AV this summer as an interesting project, and I'm in the process of rounding up all the parts I think I'll need before I tear it apart. As a note, I have no idea how old this saw is. I've ran into a puzzle when it comes to the "cylinder base gasket", as the IPL in the owner's manual calls out for a 1113 029 2300 gasket. When searching for this part, everything I've seen says it's for a Stihl 024, 026, 028, MS240, MS260 chainsaw, with no mention of a 031 AV, and some of the pictures of the gasket are different from each other. Can anyone tell me what the correct part number is and maybe point me to what the gasket actually looks like? Thanks. (probably more questions later, lol, especially once I get started)

Sent you a message.

The gasket for the 030, 031 and 032 for sure are interchangeable.

However there are likely a lot that are close and will work with slight modifications.

As a suggestion, get some solder and do the squish test before you disassemble. You maye be able to use some liquid or aircraft gasket paste and eliminate the gasket altogether IF you have the space.

Latest posts

Back