Cylindrical Stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winland

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I found this and thought it was "interesting".

This Cylindrical Stove Burns Whole Trees So You Can Stop Chopping Logs

spruce-stove.jpg

so what happens when your log gets 48 inches long and only 36 fits in the stove? lighting one end of a log pushes smoke and gasses out the other end so i assume you would promptly fill the room with smoke

so what happens when your log gets 48 inches long and only 36 fits in the stove? lighting one end of a log pushes smoke and gasses out the other end so i assume you would promptly fill the room with smoke
Not only smoke but combustible gasses too! :surprised3:

That is quite innovative. Given your supply was nice round ones, and a place to install it and run in long logs..cool!

I would think the draft in the chimney would pull it in, rather than push it out, unless there was sufficient openings in the stove already.

I just can't imagine that 'sphincter' part lasting more than a couple logs.

To say nothing of the fact that the wood won't dry very well in log form.

Someone didn't think this through very well.

I would think the draft in the chimney would pull it in, rather than push it out, unless there was sufficient openings in the stove already.

I just can't imagine that 'sphincter' part lasting more than a couple logs.

To say nothing of the fact that the wood won't dry very well in log form.

Someone didn't think this through very well.

And most stoves will not burn one single chunk well. Mine for sure needs two or 3.

Harry K

Back