Cypress Slabs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lucas mill

Ozdog,
Nice! I am still on a learning curve when it comes to the mills, and noticed you have a Lucas brand mill. Is that a chainsaw mill? (looks like it in the picture) I work in the Gulf of Mexico to make a living, and saw my own wood on my time off with a bandsaw mill. I keep reading about various brands and types (swing, Alaskan, bandsaw, etc) and just wanted to clear up my mental image of the Lucas mill.

Thanks

noticed you have a Lucas brand mill. Is that a chainsaw mill?

The Lucas mills are generally swingblades, although they do make dedicated chainsaw slabbers as well. Ozdogs looks like a normal swingblade model with the optional clip on slabber. Basically you take the circle blade off and fit a sprocket and chainsaw bar to the mill in it's place. Instant 24hp 4 stroke chainsaw mill.

Big logs like that is what they are designed to cut, and those mac slabs will dry easy and make great table tops.

Cheers

Ian

Lucas is a swing arm circular saw mill but in these pics he is using a slabbing attachment. Check them out on Bailey's website (link in banner above).

edit: Ianab was a little faster than me.:)

Last edited:
"Correction", all milling is exciting. LOL. Cool looking slabs OZDOG.

I second that... every time I open up a log I'm like a kid in a candy store. You never know what you're gonna find, and every single log is different, and has the POTENTIAL or something unique and interesting. I honestly get at least a little excited every single time I open up a log or take that first slab off and see what I got. It just never gets old. Hope it don't.

NICE slabs there ozdog... as I've siad many time, you guys have some unique interesting lumber down there.

Yes, all milling is exciting!

Hi Guys, sorry busy the last couple of day, missing all the discussion. thanks to all of you who answered the questions about Lucas Mill. Yes, it is a swing blade mill with a 25hp motor and I also have the slabbing attachment as you see in the photos.
I TAKE IT BACK AGAIN. ALL MILLING IS EXCITING!

Latest posts

Back