Da Prince - 5th Quarter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fishhuntcutwood said:
And why was it locked at 5k? I couldn't even keep up, so I stopped reading it at about 2k, but it was fun to see it keep going.
They just had to lose a ton of bandwith is my guess
smily932.gif
>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Last edited:
:hmm3grin2orange:
Lakeside53 said:
Where did they put it???
it went straight to the hall of fame for chainsaws and crap:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Changing colors

I think I will ask my wife if she could change the colors of my saw in the signature area of my tree falling on the green saw at the bottom to White and orange 361 with jr on the side for Talon to watch over and over.

Cut4fun said:
I think I will ask my wife if she could change the colors of my saw in the signature area of my tree falling on the green saw at the bottom to White and orange 361 with jr on the side for Talon to watch over and over.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :ices_rofl:

I wonder if Talon can is keeping his partner current w/ all the bashing he's receiving??

Talon, you just let him know it's a debt he'll NEVER be able to repay...but that if he handed you a new 441 it'd probably take out some of the sting! :hmm3grin2orange:

Chaser

441??? :laugh: :laugh::laugh:I'd just give him a dumpster full of discarded "$99" saws to play with first..

Wait.... I could get the 441 back for parts in just a few days! :biggrinbounce2:

wagonwheeler said:
Is this confirmed or conjecture???

That'd be a BIG loss...someone could have hosted it somewhere...

Pure conjecture... The thread seem to be there - just locked out instead of just locked.

I get a "you don't have the privileges to access" message when I try from my CP.
Maybe coincidence, but site performance sure seems to be up..

I, too, quit reading at 2K. Wish someone with deeper pockets than me would mod one! When a person can turn the cylinder base down to obtain optimum squish, grind away at the ports and transform them to precise shapes with impoved timing numbers, and make 30%+ more power without decreased reliability, why don't the manufacturers do it? I know the EPA throws their weight around in the saw market, but you would think the manufacturers would have the funds for the R&D required to build a clean hi-po saw...maybe not?

Urbicide said:
Where is Tom Hall? :Eye::Eye: Is he in seclusion? Or in da outhouse?

He's locked inside the missing thread!!! We've got to mount a rescue.

I think he's in there with my new Salesgirl, :censored: and locked the thread from the inside!:)

All right you backstabbers
1voodoo.gif
Don't make me go and get my "mean" smileys outta the closet here :ices_rofl: I say paint your saw Husky orange........not Stihl orange and white :chainsaw: Daaaayuuum..........I never gonna hear the end of this am I
tmi.gif
LOL! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Last edited:
Urbicide said:
Where is Tom Hall? :Eye::Eye: Is he in seclusion? Or in da outhouse?
It is Lakes turn to check da outhouse for him :censored: I did it the last time..........Hahahaha! Don't forget da chothes pin for your nose :fart: LOL! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Four Paws said:
I, too, quit reading at 2K. Wish someone with deeper pockets than me would mod one! When a person can turn the cylinder base down to obtain optimum squish, grind away at the ports and transform them to precise shapes with impoved timing numbers, and make 30%+ more power without decreased reliability, why don't the manufacturers do it? I know the EPA throws their weight around in the saw market, but you would think the manufacturers would have the funds for the R&D required to build a clean hi-po saw...maybe not?

Manf. do have are resources... Just because a few individuals can mod a saw and get way with it doesn't mean a manufacturing run over many years can do the same. Reliability is compromised, but few run their saws long enough to find out. Stihl had crankshaft problems with the early 066's because they just scaled an 064 up in power... and made several changes during production, but many users never had any issues with the original units. But if you were one that did, you weren't happy..

Power is always a compromise between size, weight, cost, longevity and not, and the current emissions standards. The same applies with the auto and bike and aircraft and .... manufacturers.

Lakeside53 said:
Manf. do have are resources... Just because a few individuals can mod a saw and get way with it doesn't mean a manufacturing run over many years can do the same. Reliability is compromised, but few run their saws long enough to find out. Stihl had crankshaft problems with the early 066's because they just scaled an 064 up in power... and made several changes during production, but many users never had any issues with the original units.

Power is always a compromise between size, weight, cost, longevity and not, and the current emissions standards. The same applies with the auto and bike and aircraft and .... manufacturers.
Man this way to early to start a discussing on modded saws,
So A saw that runs faster yet cooler will not last as long as a stock saw.

We could actually send Wagonwheelers dog in there....LOL! He seems quite familar with toilets:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Back