damn thieves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ross_scott

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Went to go and sharpen up my saw to get it ready to do some work for the people I am dropping a few trees only to find my storage box was open and my saw gone damn beggars picked the lock on my garage door while I was asleep lastnight(thought something was not right when i saw the lock dangling from the bolt on the door and I knew I locked it before I turned in for the night). Told the cops and they said they could do nothing about it as they assured me it will never be found in a pawn or secondhand shop because of the constant checking by police for stolen products so it is time to cut my loss and start from scratch. goodbye 034S you served me well

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. It's never fun to have your stuff walk away from you without your permission. Hopefully the person(s) who took it will have some sort of appropriate misfortune befall them.

Perhaps we can send one of our friends from Detroit after 'em to make things right...

urban-rifle2.jpg

Last edited:
ross_scott said:
Told the cops and they said they could do nothing about it as they assured me it will never be found in a pawn or secondhand shop because of the constant checking by police for stolen products so it is time to cut my loss and start from scratch. goodbye 034S you served me well

Must have been an Aussi! .:)

Maybe I should have had a real old crappy saw sitting on the bench and they may have pinched that instead of the stihl. but I hope the beggar who stole it cuts his nuts off with it

Ross, what goes around comes around. My buddy was up in a tree with another guy in a tree beside him. The boom truck was parked on the road shoulder, too far away to use it. This is on a busy road in the morning, car stops, guy gets out and takes a new 288 out of the toolbox. Then he waved at them and drove away, nothing they could do, so they finished the trees and called the boss. The boss freaked on them said they should have got the guy, blah, blah. Computeruser-is that guy in your pic. 50-cent?

ross_scott said:
Went to go and sharpen up my saw to get it ready to do some work for the people I am dropping a few trees only to find my storage box was open and my saw gone damn beggars picked the lock on my garage door while I was asleep lastnight(thought something was not right when i saw the lock dangling from the bolt on the door and I knew I locked it before I turned in for the night). Told the cops and they said they could do nothing about it as they assured me it will never be found in a pawn or secondhand shop because of the constant checking by police for stolen products so it is time to cut my loss and start from scratch. goodbye 034S you served me well

Don't feel too bad. Sold a brand new saw to a guy a few years ago. About a month later he came back and bought another just like it. I said you just bought one of these a month ago. He said yep but it got stolen. He said he pulled into the 7-11 to get a Pepsi and when he came out his saw was gone off the back of his pick-up. One better than that was a guy I talked to last week. He went into his gargage to grab his saw and picked up the case but it seemed awful light. He opened the case to find no saw. The thief had taken his saw and left his case there as a cover. He was P O pissed. Your not alone my friend and lets hope whoever took it gets a good kick back right across the nose, they deserve it.

computeruser said:
Hopefully the person(s) who took it will have some sort of appropriate misfortune befall them.

If they are low enough to break into someones garage and risk getting beaten' to death by the homeowner just to steal a chainsaw, misfortune has already befallen on them, hopefully they get their s--- in one sock and become a contributing member to the society.

Buck

Last edited:
On the subject of saw theft:

A couple years back we were doing some lot clearing in preparation for some Habitat houses being built. It was in a eastside Detroit neighborhood. A bunch of saws and other equipment was stolen from the locked cap of a guy's truck while the all volunteer work crew stopped for lunch. Sadly, a bunch of people had placed their equipment in the truck because it had a locking cap, whereas their vehicles were not covered or lockable. The truck was not twenty-five yards from where people were eating; apparently that was too far.

Oh, and the thiefs left two current vintage Poulans and one Homelite Bandit behind...

"Must have been an Aussi! .:)"

I wish you would at least learn how to spell Aussie before blaming us.

And were not just down the road from your place but over 1000 miles away.

We hang our thieves thank goodness along with a few Irishmen ie: Ned Kelly.

An offended Aussie

Mc Bob.

I'd be watching out for a flag waving Kiwi myself.

flagkiwisawbeakavatar.jpg

Last edited:
ozflea said:
"Must have been an Aussi! .:)"

I wish you would at least learn how to spell Aussie before blaming us.

ha.. Just blaming the inocent to divert attention from the real culprit. I can spell, just not type, and my American spell checker doesn't even have the word in it! A wonderful Canadien (note the spelling) made my avatar, but loaded it up with an Aussie ( note spelling) flag first time.. red faces all around... :cheers:

Lakeside53 said:
ha.. Just blaming the inocent to divert attention from the real culprit. I can spell, just not type, and my American spell checker doesn't even have the word in it! A wonderful Canadien (note the spelling) made my avatar, but loaded it up with an Aussie ( note spelling) flag first time.. red faces all around... :cheers:

I am still red in the face about that but did manage to put my skates on and fix the damage with that nice NZ flag.

Andy I got the wrong flag but you have also mispelled CANADIAN. LOL.

Now are you sure it was not an Aussi. Do you remember how the original colony started. Lol.

TimberMcPherson said:
I have had a few saws stolen, it stinks!
You still working up around Tauranga Ross?

I havent been doing any work in tauranga there timberMc all my saw work has been in whangarei where I live(apart from when I used to help mates cut firewood when i was living down that way many eventhough moons ago), I was bought up in tauranga infact I spent most of my life at papamoa beach and then te puke. do you know the tauranga area much at all timbermcpherson? as my father owned a gas station on state highway 1 in that area.

thanks for the condolences guys. someway or another I will get myself another saw even if it is another pioneer or an sp series mac.

Haven't had one stolen yet but I have the 'decoy' set up. Husky 51 setting on a bench alongside the milk carton containing the oil, gas, etc. The good ones are pushed well back out of sight under benches. I work on the theory that the door lock only keeps honest people honest.

Harry K

That sucks man...I would be so angry if some puke stole any of my saws I don't know what I'd do...my garage is open most of the time with the saws laying right on teh floor. Maybe I'm too trusting.

computeruser said:
No, it is some African rebel from one of those countries that is always having some sort of civil war. I don't recall where I found it, but it made me think of good old D-town, so I saved it.

Liberia. The flag should have a few more stripes.

stihlatit said:
IAndy I got the wrong flag but you have also mispelled CANADIAN. LOL.

QUOTE]

I figured your were lurking out there and this would flush you out! :laugh: :laugh:

Arnie, I love your avatars - you're the best! Hey, you could charge more than a buck (real money - $US) for your work...:)

Back