Dangerous Trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True that! I ran the rope over a low "Y"in the portion I had left to fell and the tree split right there, leaving me with a good rope attachment to the part still standing. It was complex. I have to go back for final clean up I see if I can get an "aftermath" photo.

Your a good sport for posting it. I would of tied off a clove hitch and notched higher. I always have to play the 20/20 thing as an Operations guy. Sucks having to tell a guy he screwed up when he never had that intention. He feels bad enough.
Jeff :cheers:

badone_001.jpg

this one was bad hollow

strap prevented chair!

badone_005.jpg

I like to wrap the strap tightly then chain the two ends and bind even more tightly no extra strap getting in the way and a cushion effect on the band-aid! :cheers:

Way to go bro I am steering that way too lol. Time for revenge lol.
it's a win win cause people that have me do the lawn also want tree work done so guess who they ask first..yep, me the lawn jockey as some call me...

I'm a tree guy that added lawn care to my business but some here seem to think it's the other way around....

it's a win win cause people that have me do the lawn also want tree work done so guess who they ask first..yep, me the lawn jockey as some call me...

I'm a tree guy that added lawn care to my business but some here seem to think it's the other way around....

Don't matter what anyone thinks imo. I wonder is tree insurance enough to cover landscaping and grass jobs or do you have to add in a new policy? I have an old tractor and thought of doing small bush hogging jobs and gravel or rock hauls to add to the work load!

Don't matter what anyone thinks imo. I wonder is tree insurance enough to cover landscaping and grass jobs or do you have to add in a new policy? I have an old tractor and thought of doing small bush hogging jobs and gravel or rock hauls to add to the work load!
I had to add the lawn care stuff to mine, they also wanted to know if I was doing product application or spraying for weeds cause that it a separate deal with my ins co..

I had to add the lawn care stuff to mine, they also wanted to know if I was doing product application or spraying for weeds cause that it a separate deal with my ins co..

How long to build client base? Does it interfere with trees in the busy season or do you just stick someone else on it?

How long to build client base? Does it interfere with trees in the busy season or do you just stick someone else on it?
I just started full time on my own 4 years ago so I'm still building but it all balances out pretty good with the way I have it set up, I get all the lawn stuff done in 3 days (I do that solo most of the time) and have the other 2 or 3 days to do tree work, I actually did more lawn stuff last year than tree, I decided a little over a year ago to concentrate on removals only so the lawn work makes up for the missed trim jobs but I still get a few bucks off the trim stuff cause I'll pass it on to a friend and he gives me a cut plus sometimes he'll have me chip brush for him..

one thing about doing lawn care also is most commercial accounts pay a flat rate each month so there's guaranteed money each month...

Last edited:
Why is it so hard for you to believe that I'm not and never have been a chicken **** like you, that 3 phase 120 feet tall crap doesn't bother me, I'm not scared of heights and respect the power lines because I know what will happen if I didn't, a couple times I had to remove trees 10" or more in dia that had grown up between the 3 phase 23k lines and when the power crew got there to kill the power I was already done and I'm not sure what you mean by "roasted for being a little on the large size" cause when I worked for the company I was well under 220 plus I can still do it if I need to and did do it as a GF and a crew foreman as well as a trainee and was never scared, if this work scares you you are in the wrong ####ing business, maybe I'll buy stock in a bleach company cause I'm getting the impression that your wife uses a lot of the stuff or do you just buy new panties after you soil them and get them all wadded up....I had a little respect for you at one time but that has gone out with the last pair of panties you soiled.....if I did come join you all you'd do is craw inside my pocket so you could learn a little.....as for pictures, I'll tell you like I did the last smart ass, I don't have **** to prove to you or anyone else here, no one here pays me so the only people I need to prove it to are the people that pay me good money to do what scares the hell out of you.....

god bless you and happy new year........

You are a bloated bag of fodder!! the only chicken **** here is whats rolling outta your pie hole, crawl in your pocket.....:dizzy: you weight challenged bastid.....Im far from scared & have rescued alot of loud mouths like you!!

Id rather have my wife provide the bleach while your wife provides you another twinkie with a creme puff as an entree :popcorn:. On here everyone is a badazz....all I see of you is your pot belly at the base of a tree you wish you had balls to climb.....maybe your wife should crawl in your pocket & have a look see!!!

If you need to buy stock.....Ill sell ya some!! come on up n get it, I have no respect for someone who boasts, lies & apparently breaks toilets when sitting on em!! BTW...the gig im speaking of pays considerably more than $800.00, no one else wants to do it including ole RF.....

So Mr. Im not scared of anything but a shake weight & a treadmill.....show us those pics of your bad self up in the big stuff!! hard to film off an orchard ladder uh, cuz thats as high as you can go!

im wondering why if you are so good did the old green n yellow say see ya to you???? ooops...thats another story uh!! dont let the ole lady shrink your girdle, LMFAO

LXT................

LOL, Rickytree...no wonder ole RF isnt afraid/scared......he`s on his zero turn mower (aka: hovaround) doing yard work!!! scuse me lawn turd....ahh, my tulips need a pruning (be careful with my bulbs)!!! yeah I bet your palms really wobble when you have to clean out the gutters at Ms. smiths, that Ladder weight rating of 350lbs scares the snot outta you, uh? LOL

No wonder he hasnt posted pic`s.....his debate would be: Hmmm post the cutting of the fescue or the ever so difficult kentucky blue?

LXT................

You are a bloated bag of fodder!! the only chicken **** here is whats rolling outta your pie hole, crawl in your pocket.....:dizzy: you weight challenged bastid.....Im far from scared & have rescued alot of loud mouths like you!!

Id rather have my wife provide the bleach while your wife provides you another twinkie with a creme puff as an entree :popcorn:. On here everyone is a badazz....all I see of you is your pot belly at the base of a tree you wish you had balls to climb.....maybe your wife should crawl in your pocket & have a look see!!!

If you need to buy stock.....Ill sell ya some!! come on up n get it, I have no respect for someone who boasts, lies & apparently breaks toilets when sitting on em!! BTW...the gig im speaking of pays considerably more than $800.00, no one else wants to do it including ole RF.....

So Mr. Im not scared of anything but a shake weight & a treadmill.....show us those pics of your bad self up in the big stuff!! hard to film off an orchard ladder uh, cuz thats as high as you can go!

im wondering why if you are so good did the old green n yellow say see ya to you???? ooops...thats another story uh!! dont let the ole lady shrink your girdle, LMFAO

LXT................
are ya or ain't ya scared, you posted several times that you were, go back and look, it's sad that you had to resort to personal attacks on me and Rope to settle your inner mental problem of being a chicken **** p us sy as well as the loser that you are now...........and like I said, I don't need to prove a damn thing to you, picture's are for people who don't have self confidence and need someone's praise, I can climb any damn tree there is and throw you out on you POS head now get lost you chicken **** crybaby.....does you mommy hold your hand while you work.....lmfao.....

whoa

LOL, Rickytree...no wonder ole RF isnt afraid/scared......he`s on his zero turn mower (aka: hovaround) doing yard work!!! scuse me lawn turd....ahh, my tulips need a pruning (be careful with my bulbs)!!! yeah I bet your palms really wobble when you have to clean out the gutters at Ms. smiths, that Ladder weight rating of 350lbs scares the snot outta you, uh? LOL

No wonder he hasnt posted pic`s.....his debate would be: Hmmm post the cutting of the fescue or the ever so difficult kentucky blue?

Wow! That is riled-up! You ok.lxt? Don't go off the deep end!
Jeff ;)

Wow! That is riled-up! You ok.lxt? Don't go off the deep end!
Jeff ;)
he'll be ok, his mommy is on the way over to hold his hand or is it to wipe his ass....

Back