dean at washington hotsaw....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badcars2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
probably a stupid question but have you done your stage two on an 041. if you have i see the cost is like 260, but i am sure mine needs freshened up too. i know it is an oldsaw but i just cant let her die. please e mail me when you get a chance to see what you recomend. i am just curious to see what luck you have had with a dinosaur......
[email protected]

I have never done one as there is several problems with the way they are set up. One thing you can do yourself to get more low end power out of her is to build a spacer under the carburetor lifting it up another 1/2" This does create other problems though with mounting the top handle and linkage problems. I have worked 075's over and they are pain in the ars. The muffler can be worked over but to see any real gains the manifold pipe has to be totally worked over. Some port work can be done. You can not deck the cylinder to gain compression as this screws up the carburetor and exhaust mountings. the only way really to boost compression is to lengthen the rod or build up the piston. This is just too costly of a saw to build up. A stage 1 can be done to the saw along with some port work and timing work. The problem is that this is not a stage 2 and the cost would still be around $250.

Back