Death in a tree Family

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dadatwins

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Not sure where this should be posted, but it was sent to me by another member and I did not see any notice of it on this board. Mr. Mass has offered much good advice over the years on this board to many members. Please keep him and his family in your prayers and thoughts as they deal with this tragedy. My condolances and prayers to him and his family.

via email:
I imagine most of y'all have heard about the tragedy of Mike Maas's 18 year old daughter getting killed on a slippery road the other night. Mike has been with us for over a decade on the boards; in seriousness and humor.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/6297592.html

i recieved this by PM, but figured more might want to know about it:

I did a little research and it tells me that Mike Maas is from Dousman, WI.

I am looking into doing something to help him through this terrible time losing his daughter.

Rather than send flowers, I wondered about doing something like this:

http://www.friendsoftrees.org/home/index.php

Have y'all got any ideas that might be appropriate? I have made contributions to the Cancer Society and subh before but nothing related to trees.

Any ideas? Forward this to whoever you can think of that might have an idea...or post on the Elders thread? That might be simpler than all the PM's that this might generate. I'm open to y'all's idea.

Thanks.
Gary

Mike has posted this elswhere, but has not checked back in, so as far as I know, no one has heard back from him yet. I am sure it is a very hectic and trying time for him. I would very much like for him to at least check in, then I would like fo him to make a descision as to where the memorial should go, I think that is only fair?
I am still at a loss for words to say to him about this. I have no idea how hard this must be, and I wish it on no one!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

No parent should have to bury their own child...Mike,you have our deepest thoughts and prayers.....I lost a best friend in a tragic car accident when I was about her age,nearly twenty years ago now,I have still not fully recovered...Being the father of three children,I cannot even begin to imagine what you guys are enduring.I'm at a loss for words.

What a beauty she is.... God bless her soul and light the path of her journey.... Sometimes it seems as though God takes the saints out early. She sure looks like one. Mike, you are a good man and a good father. I'll pray for you both and I AM here for you of you need anything.

I feel joy for the life that she lived and tremendous sadness for your loss.

Your tree brothers care.

Mike, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

People have said about posting on message boards that it’s just cyberspace, nothing is “real.”

Let me tell you it’s real and Mike is real …

… and Mike you have a lot of friends here and elsewhere who are real. Anything we can do for support I hope you know we’re here.

-Steve

good way to put it

People have said about posting on message boards that it’s just cyberspace, nothing is “real.”

Let me tell you it’s real and Mike is real …

… and Mike you have a lot of friends here and elsewhere who are real. Anything we can do for support I hope you know we’re here.

-Steve

Praying for you and your family

Mike, I cannot imagine how you are feeling now. if I/we can do anything for any reason, merely mention it.
-Ralph

Darn that is so terrible. Words to describe my sorrow for your tremendous loss escape me...

We will be thinking of you and yours at this most difficult time.

I was just reading yesterdays paper, I never read the obit's, but saw the name...dang. :cry:

Mike and his family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Back