Decent source for AM piston/cylinder kits?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gary courtney
Likewise for my country, shipping costs and parts are exorbitantly expensive and sometimes parts are cheaper from China, would I put OEM parts on a saw?, every single time but the costs to do so generally are prohibitively expensive, my local Stihl dealer wanted to charge me $50USD for two seals for a Stihl 044.
Thank God for my Stihl dealer. I just bought a 10 mm piston 4 $60 noticed on eBay they were 95

Mad Professor
Likewise for my country, shipping costs and parts are exorbitantly expensive and sometimes parts are cheaper from China, would I put OEM parts on a saw?, every single time but the costs to do so generally are prohibitively expensive, my local Stihl dealer wanted to charge me $50USD for two seals for a Stihl 044.
Seals come in the gasket set and cheaper than seals alone.
Don't worry I'm sure one of the OEM or bust crowd will send you a OEM cylinder and piston for free...... 🤣
Hard to find for 024, as 024S and 026/260 are different strokes

fields_mj

fields_mj

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
When I looked last week, the cheapest one on ebay was $65. Add another $65 for a meter piston kit, and that put me in the $130 range which was more than I was willing to spend on a "disposable" set of parts that I may very well end up destroying. At $35, I'll give it a shot. I'll probably still buy the $20 Farmtec to butcher, I mean practice on :)

Latest posts