Decompression vale on a M260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gibby II

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the question. Can one replace the jug on a 260 that doesn't have as opening for the decompression valve
with a jug that has that opening. Any info will help this old man. Bad shoulders that just cannot pull the starting rope under the normal compression of the saw. My 020AV not a problem, but the bigger saws it just won't happen.
Thanks in advance, GibbyII

Here's the question. Can one replace the jug on a 260 that doesn't have as opening for the decompression valve
with a jug that has that opening. Any info will help this old man. Bad shoulders that just cannot pull the starting rope under the normal compression of the saw. My 020AV not a problem, but the bigger saws it just won't happen.
Yes, you can do this... However, it might be more cost effective to take your existing jug to a machine shop and have them drill and tap your existing cylinder.

I am sure you already know but keeping a saw in a warm room or vehicle makes a saw start in cold weather. I notice the difference on my saws that don't have the decomp, Just sharing a thought. Post 2 & 3 have your answer.

Latest posts

Back