Decompression Valve

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lpresnell

lpresnell

ArboristSite Lurker
I have a 562 Huskey with less than 10 or 12 tanks of fuel run through it. I believe the decompression valve has gone bad! I can barely pull the saw, is this a normal occurrence? Should I replace it? It is out of warranty, I think.

Jtheo

Jtheo

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I have a 562 Huskey with less than 10 or 12 tanks of fuel run through it. I believe the decompression valve has gone bad! I can barely pull the saw, is this a normal occurrence? Should I replace it? It is out of warranty, I think.

You should be able to start the saw even without using the decomp.

Remove the muffler and look at the piston.

cgraham1

cgraham1

I feel old
I would plug the decomp on a saw that size... it is completely unnecessary. If it's hard to pull over, there is probably something else wrong with it.

Westboastfaller

Westboastfaller

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
1) take plug out and look in with a light and look for damage ( parts, indents on top off piston. Any debre in the spark plug ditch. Aluminum. Look with magnifying glass if you have.
2) pull of the starter cover and look for what is usually a bolt dragging.
3) Pull the muffler and see for damage on piston/ cylinder and push on the ring/s with something and see that they spring in and out slightly.
4) go get yourself checked out.

If it's not in the starter side or clutch side then it doesn't sound good at all. Does it move enough that you can notice your chain wants to turn as it moves? You may want rip down your clutch side too.
Did you have the clutch off?
Has it oiled fine Always?

Latest posts