• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Deluxe Folding Sawbuck - Father's Day Sale $160

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn Curry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
IMG_1195.JPG IMG_1812.JPG IMG_1809.JPG IMG_1806.JPG IMG_1701.JPG IMG_1702.JPG

Fall firewood cutting season is upon us - time for an equipment check! Every chainsaw manual ever printed suggests using one of these when cutting smaller branches. If you've ever had the chance to use one, you'll know why. It's much more comfortable, and safer to have them supported at waist level rather than tripping over them on the ground. It also keeps your chains up out of the dirt, and cutting longer between sharpenings.

I've been selling these on another firewood forum for a while now. I've made 9 of them so far, including 3 currently in production. And since I already have my wood shop set up, I figured I would offer them here as well.

image.jpg 20141220_160612.jpg

Features:
  • Classic sawbuck design
  • Half-lap joinery provides strength and elegance
  • Wooden construction is easy on chains
  • Offset center leg
  • Folds almost flat for storage or transport
Specifications:
  • Width (total): 46"
  • Width (short side): 16" OC
  • Width (long side): 24" OC
  • Height (folded): 45"
  • Height (open): 38.5"
  • Height (crotch): 28"
  • Max working load: Chuck Norris size
Included:
  • Your choice of AS or FHC logo
  • Linseed oil finish
  • All hardware and glue needed for assembly
Price:
  • $200 shipped in continental US
  • $150 + actual shipping elsewhere

I completed work on the current batch - but these are all spoken for. I can still make more if anyone else is interested. It took me about a week to complete this batch.

IMG_3696.JPG

Here's the contents of the kit - all you need to do is put it together and cut firewood!

IMG_3708.JPG

Made up another batch this week. I made an extra one this time, so I've got 1 in stock if anyone else is interested.

Attachments

• IMG_3872.JPG
    IMG_3872.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3876.JPG
    IMG_3876.JPG
    979.8 KB · Views: 64
After seeing this picture I realize now I need a bigger saw buck to take a picture like this. You know it's a severe case of CAD when you have 5 saws and don't even burn wood. :omg:

I can make you another one, and then you can put 3 on one, and 2 on the other one. :) Besides, now you need one with an AS logo too. :laugh:

IMG_3877.JPG IMG_3879.JPG

A couple of these should be arriving on Thursday, so here's some assembly instructions.

I've already applied a coat of linseed oil, but if you'd like to add your own oil based stain etc, you'll want to do that prior to assembly. There will be 6 "legs" and 4 "rails"; the "legs" form the X's, and the "rails" connect them together. The legs are all identical, but the rails are in mirrored pairs. It's easiest to assemble if you lay the rails down, with the notches up, apply the glue, and then insert the legs one at a time. Follow the instructions for the glue and moisten one of the surfaces - I do all the rails, and apply the glue on the legs as I go. I test fitted all of the joints, but you're probably going to find them a little tight - you will probably need to use a rubber mallet or a hammer and a scrap of wood to drive them home.

IMG_1795.JPG

Turn the assemblies over, then pre-drill and drive 2 screws into each joint.

IMG_1802.JPG

Once the glue has cured, stand the assemblies up, and bolt them together.

IMG_1803.JPG

View attachment 448615 View attachment 448616 View attachment 448617 View attachment 448618 View attachment 448619 View attachment 448620

Fall firewood cutting season is upon us - time for an equipment check! Every chainsaw manual ever printed suggests using one of these when cutting smaller branches. If you've ever had the chance to use one, you'll know why. It's much more comfortable, and safer to have them supported at waist level rather than tripping over them on the ground. It also keeps your chains up out of the dirt, and cutting longer between sharpenings.

I've been selling these on another firewood forum for a while now. I've made 9 of them so far, including 3 currently in production. And since I already have my wood shop set up, I figured I would offer them here as well.

View attachment 448622 View attachment 448621

Features:
  • Classic sawbuck design
  • Half-lap joinery provides strength and elegance
  • Wooden construction is easy on chains
  • Offset center leg
  • Folds almost flat for storage or transport
Specifications:
  • Width (total): 46"
  • Width (short side): 16" OC
  • Width (long side): 24" OC
  • Height (folded): 45"