Dennis Greffard, Man of Integrity

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Dennis
Well, I finally get back over here, and see I am still the topic of discussion, good to hear.

joe your saw is on its way, I just got waylayed with things here, and I do apologise, can't apologise enough for the time it has taken.

I would like to add that you have never mentioned that the work I did for you was for free, and I never asked for anything in return. You offered a carbon fibre pipe, I told ya I didn't need one. You asked me for a pipe for a saw that wasn't modified, and that you would do the mods yourself. I said I couldn't build the pipe unless I knew the figures that were in the saw. I built you a header for it, and it has been done for awhile, but I have been busy, and hadn't sent it...that is my fault, yes.

I am not a theif and never will be, I may be slow but never a theif. I know I have taken too long on alot of projects in the last year, but I am trying to run several business here, and have had some personal issues, and obviously neglecting this one. once again, i do apologise.

Gypo...you keep insinuating that I am a theif as well, that hurts me, as we were once very good friends, and I hope to be again...but what about that 50 bucks you screwed an 80yo woman, on a pension, out of for a marten pelt??

Yes the Clearwater Loggers Sports is this weekend, and yes Robert is here...we are having a great time, and its a pretty good turn out.

It may have taken some time, but have I not made everything good with everyone???

Russ, I will also make an apology to you, I thank you for this thread, and that is typically how I do things...I just got sidetracked for a few months here..and screwed up for awhile. My bad.

I will also apologise to all the AS members for having to wade through this crap.

joe quess he was full of $hit.

sthil waiting on my 088. sthil no return phone calls, emails etc.

joemarty sthil waiting

man i know some folks who got burn't out for stealling a man's saw...it's like f#$kin' a man woman in this neck of the woods...just send the guy his saw!!!!

Not so many years ago, misappropriating a horse was a hanging offence. An 088 is getting close to the price of a utility grade saddle horse! Hmmmm........, Dennis you better watch your back trail, lol!

Utility grade saddle hoss?

'round these parts decent horses without traceable bloodlines are going for dog food prices. Talked to guy recently who bought a decent saddle trained 1/4 mare, 9-10 years, and her green colt for $160. Both really pretty paints. We just got a big 1/4 gelding for the kids to play with for nothing...zero! Owner didn't think he'd even pay transportation with auction proceeds!

eyolf; a lot of people fall in love until they find out all the costs involved and then are glad to be shed of the responsibilty. Seems to happen with mates too!. Around here in northern ontario, a horse with no vices and able to pass vet check usually goes for close to a grand, though the wifes cost a 25 $ stud fee for one and $ 1 for the other. Like me they are starting to get a bit long in the tooth.

I had this horse once that could talk, so I asked her if she won any races. She just lifted her tail and said, "a FFFFEEEEEEWWWW!"
John

Today I ran into another animal that talks.
I had my saw apart on a stump trying to figure out why it wouldn't cut, when I heard this deep voice saying, " your chains on backwards". So I turned around and it was this big Black Bear.
Scared as hell, I ran to the farmers house and told him about this bear that was telling me how to fix my saw. So the farmer says, "well what did he say?" Well he told me my chain was on backwards!
So the farmer says, "Oh don't listen to that stupid bear, he doesn't know anything about chainsaws."
John

Originally posted by eyolf

'round these parts decent horses without traceable bloodlines are going for dog food prices. Talked to guy recently who bought a decent saddle trained 1/4 mare, 9-10 years, and her green colt for $160. Both really pretty paints. We just got a big 1/4 gelding for the kids to play with for nothing...zero! Owner didn't think he'd even pay transportation with auction proceeds!

Around here that would go for a lot more, got a line on half a dozen of those?

Originally posted by eyolf

That will not happen here. I did not make it to the August killer auction so I cannot speak to what the prices were then. The July sale was soft but so was the beef market at the time. A few years back many killers were paying as much as $1/lb. The local plant shut down and the prices dropped. They are getting ready to start killing horses again so I expect the market to strengthen . With beef prices back up the butcher market will climb on horses.

Bill

<i>With beef prices back up the butcher market will climb on horses. </i>

That's probably good news for some. One auctioneer near me has supposedly suspended his hobby auctions (Heirloom breeds, horses, etc.) for lack of interest. My wife's cousin, who had the gelding called around and was told the horse would bring a price of between $30 and $80...but he couldn't even find anybody with a horse trailer to haul it there for less than $50!

I think what may be happening in my area is that some recent ordinances in a lot of places are limiting or eliminating the keeping of horses on small lots...used to be lots of people with little 2 or 5 acre hobby farms just outside of towns had a horse or two. Many small towns are annexing out to increase tax base, or townships are adopting city ordinances, and the tiny pastures without enough vegetative filter have to go.

Like Crofter said...it boils down to costs. When you can keep a horse for the cost of a strand of electric fence and winter hay, its a little different than paying for space at a boarding farm.

160 to 200 $ a month board and more close to cities. Shoeing another $50 every six weeks. Worming, and compulsory shots at most stables and it starts to put the wage earners kids out of the horse market. My property is within the annexed addition to town and tho I only keep the horses here in the winter I can see the time coming when they would be ordered out of town! We are starting to crowd ourselves into the situation where a lot of things we used to take for granted as part of our way of life, can be no more.

Latest posts

Back