Dent's book

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I dont know why other than to just understand half of what you guys are talking about ;) but I just picked up a Douglas Dent book. Hopefully I wont have to keep pestering everyone on here about this and that, Like I have stated in other posts I dont fell tree's or is it fall, either way I have only brought down about 30 or them in the last 5 years like that most of what I do is just buck the stuff up. But I figure better to know and not need it. Again thanks to all you have given there time to my questions.

"Like I have stated in other posts I dont fell tree's or is it fall, either way I have only brought down about 30 or them "

All the more reason to read such a book. Remember It only takes one tree to hurt you or kill you.

I've read it several times and reread parts as we discuss various things here or I come acroos new situations in the field.

It's been a while since I read the book.  The most striking aspect of the book, to me, was the writing style.  Getting past that, I recall there was a lot of good information present, but thought that it might not make a good primer.  I believe I got the feeling fairly often that if I hadn't already had experience I might not be able to understand or appreciate what it was he'd said.  But maybe that goes back to the first point a little...

Glen

" The most striking aspect of the book, to me, was the writing style."

Could have used some editing, at least a spell checker. Dent's Book has a "foreward" as opposed to other bokks that start with a "foreword".

Erik, you know I don't cheat.:D

Back