Detailing a chainsaw ,the official PSP thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might clean my 562 if I didn't have to cut piss fir..
View attachment 472402picture of the culls

that guy with the beard looks like he's been a cull for a long time. he looks like he may be upwards to a stage 4-5 cull. guy in the grey looks like stage 1. guy in the green hiding his eyes is definitely a master cull trainer just like gypo logger. lol i can tell just by the pic that none of these guys have any kind of PSP tendencies. not judging, just observing.

that guy with the beard looks like he's been a cull for a long time. he looks like he may be upwards to a stage 4-5 cull. guy in the grey looks like stage 1. guy in the green hiding his eyes is definitely a master cull trainer just like gypo logger. lol i can tell just by the pic that none of these guys have any kind of PSP tendencies. not judging, just observing.
Haha. Sounds about right

set that thing to close to a fire or something Jamie? i had a shed burn down on me once. had my RM250 in there and the shed completely burned down around the bike. nothing wrong with the bike but all the plastic was blistered like that afterwards lol
Yeah it's happens more than a few times.
I say don't put them by the fire but fall & burn I'm by fires all day so if the starter palls are not engaging or the pull cord won't go in in the morning then the first pit I get to I put the hot blocks together and all the wood in the pit with bark side in. I obviously set my saw by the smoldering fire while I went around attending to the other pits. It slipped my mind I guess and they reignite and get hot fast with all that black in there already. The second year with a company I ran the burn piles on their heli show instead of Falling that winter. A big burn would be 1200-1500 pine. In the morning I'd got into the middle and gas up my saw and "POOF"..I'd have the gas jug and saw on fire at the same time. At first I'd try and put the gas out and then the saw until I realized the wires in the saw start burning and the jug will be fine. You got to pull your shirt off and smother the saw
I did learn that but a never learnt not to do it.
I guess my block thrower brought it up in the truck on the way home and the boss started laughing. I said " Oh that sort of thing happens so random I just call it Tuesday afternoon". He laughed and said that's why I pay you the big buck..lol

Well I guess you were pretty lucky with your bike. Me, I lost my pimped out Walkerized 266 hybrid in a house fire. I had the pop rivited leather chain cover protector, K&N high rise filter with the Eliminator top cover.
That was a saw and a half.
The Story:
Well I was doing some living room cutting
fueling up by the wood stove. Lol
OK that part is total bull $hit.
Anyway that was 20 years ago.
25 yrs ago In Port Alberni, it was my second job and Went to start the saw after fueling and she lit right up. First experience. Put it out with my shirt as a matter of fact that's why I don't have a shirt on, you can never be to prepared.
OK that parts Bull $hit too.

I love these crusty old farts chiming in all pissed off and ****. It makes me laugh.
LMAO

for the record i retract all previous statements about AS being a good place to learn stuff. 13 pages and 35 minutes gone forever and my saws are stihl dirty.:cry:
seriously, a great read. my cheeks will be sore all day from laughing.:rock2:

Latest posts

Back