Did I overheat or damage my new Stihl?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, just the first step to CAD ;) On a side note, I have been renting a pair of 290's out of the rental dept. of my business for four years. Neither have had a single engine or carb related issue in that time and they have been beat to hell for all those years. I honestly don't think I will be replacing them any time soon.
+1. Another good testimony for the MS 290 Farm Boss. Mine runs perfectly. Sure, my MS 361 will deliver another horsepower for the same weight, but sometimes I say, "Frankly, my dear I don't give a ____." There has to be a reason why the MS 290 has outsold all other saw models that Stihl makes.

Yep, just the first step to CAD ;) On a side note, I have been renting a pair of 290's out of the rental dept. of my business for four years. Neither have had a single engine or carb related issue in that time and they have been beat to hell for all those years. I honestly don't think I will be replacing them any time soon.

CAD? Chainsaw addiction disease?

Today, I sharpened the chain, cleaned the air filter, and tuned the carb (no muffler mod yet), but it seemed to tune best at the stock settings, so that is where I left it. It really does run great, like my two other Stihl machines. Thanks guys, for all your help.

I think I am now on the hunt for a larger project Stihl, that I can resurrect and tune, for those huge trees I want to cut. Plus, I have begun ordering parts to rebuild the old poulan, for light limbing work.

Yep, I have caught yet another disease....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back