did some cutting, big wood, vids loading

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks guys.
i wouldnt call it photography yet but takeing pics is kinda another hobby of mine.

i learned a few things about the 066 on this tree, the day i fell it i was running a full skip oregon chain. the day i finsihed i was running the fullcomp lgx. i found when cutn wood past the tip that big chips wear loading in my cut towards the bottom. so i think semi or full skip will make things easier on the saw.

i still havent tried the 7 pin but i think i might still seems everyounce inawhile when im trying to over buck with the 32" that i bog it down when im trying work my way back around the lock. flat out bucking straight down i didnt seem to bog it just when i was on top of the log with the bar pointing towards the ground. probly more to do with not being the best at over bucking then anything, but i think the 7pin is worth trying. specialy since the saw will see mostly 30" or bigger wood.

i dont like the wood racks in the stake pockets of my bed. ive got metal and am getn red to start fabn racks that come up from the bedfloor .

Garry
thanks means alot comeing from you.

Looks like good times. You really have come a long ways. This is what makes arboristsite a good place.

Great vids and pics Evan! I would have liked to see you put that tree on the ground!

I have found that bars over 32" clog with chips when you are running full comp too. I don't know that pin size would make that much of a difference there.

Full wraps all day! I don't even like running halfs anymore.

Keep up the good vids and pics!

nothing special about putn it down, i #####erd the knocth took me forever to get it looking decent then started the backcut and had ton of wedges in her. i stop cutting and just pounded on wedges for awhile even stacked some wedges dang thing didnt want to.

whats funny is before i ever started cutting i cleared and exscape route then when i stoped cutting for good i took the 066 uphill and hid it behind another live fir just incase things went bad.
when she did go she went nice and slow and i watched from aways up the hill went over that slow

i might do felling vid one of these days maybe start the vid when i start smakcn wedges

from this mess
_MG_5450.jpg

to this trees is im guessn 40", its the 066 ffirst tree.
_MG_5457.jpg

theres another couple loads like this left in the tree. its about 30 mintes from town shes all limbed out and ready for the next go around tommorrow.

18" 026, dull 3/8 lgx and muffler modded
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rS0IAv-otOY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rS0IAv-otOY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

440 28" lgx,
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1neikLp0iEc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1neikLp0iEc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

bucking
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2biLMjoOhlY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2biLMjoOhlY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
32" oregon skipp square ground

quartering with the 066.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uIzDGO0NZiI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uIzDGO0NZiI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

more vids loading, there takn about 30 minutes to load

All that HP isen't going to do you any good if you cant get a chain to perform. . .

Great video awesome pics glad to see the ol'cummins is got a jag on her but ya cant make er squat hahaha keep up the cuttin nice work!!!!!!:greenchainsaw:

nothing special about putn it down, i #####erd the knocth took me forever to get it looking decent then started the backcut and had ton of wedges in her. i stop cutting and just pounded on wedges for awhile even stacked some wedges dang thing didnt want to.

whats funny is before i ever started cutting i cleared and exscape route then when i stoped cutting for good i took the 066 uphill and hid it behind another live fir just incase things went bad.
when she did go she went nice and slow and i watched from aways up the hill went over that slow

i might do felling vid one of these days maybe start the vid when i start smakcn wedges

It sounds like you are leaving a lot of hinge. Which way was the tree leaning? You got it on the ground and where you want it though so what the hell. Every tree is a learning experience. Your notches will get better. How high of a stump do you leave? I find that kneeling (when I can) helps me keep my cuts straighter and more accurate. Easier for me to smack wedges too when its low.

Yep, good pics and vid !!!!! rep sent for the "PERFECT 3 SAW PLAN"

I run the 660mag, 440 mag and 260 pro...it dont get better than that :clap:

actualy i cut to much didnt have much hinge she wanted to fall straight down hill i made it quarter to left so it ddidnt fall straight across the rd.

056kid what chain isnt performing.
maybe the 440 its ripn huge ships and is grabby for some reason, after my last grind it got grabby , in the vids the 066 is tamer wearing a out of the box oregon skip square ground. i thought it did pretty good. next day out it had the LGX on it thats been sharpend a few times rakers bumped down with the filOplate. in my opion a very good cutting chain. but maybe not in big wood cutn past the tip wear chips doesnt get out of the cut as easy
i thought the more power you had meant your chain didnt need to be as sharp:greenchainsaw:

wooddog
ive never seen the cummins squat

Last edited:
actualy i cut to much didnt have much hinge she wanted to fall straight down hill i made it quarter to left so it ddidnt fall straight across the rd.

056kid what chain isnt performing.
maybe the 440 its ripn huge ships and is grabby for some reason, after my last grind it got grabby , in the vids the 066 is tamer wearing a out of the box oregon skip square ground. i thought it did pretty good. next day out it had the LGX on it thats been sharpend a few times rakers bumped down with the filOplate. in my opion a very good cutting chain. but maybe not in big wood cutn past the tip wear chips doesnt get out of the cut as easy
i thought the more power you had meant your chain didnt need to be as sharp:greenchainsaw:

wooddog
ive never seen the cummins squat

The 66 could be cutting alot alot faster! It doez look like your improving though!

Thats a nice red fir I got one about 6 inches smaller the other day, the little 460 husky was sure takin its time. Where are you at in idaho? I'm up in Metaline Falls the country looks very similar.

i guess it could cut faster but then that might be all relative to, its makn me happy puln big chips in big wood with a big bar burried past the tip.

on a side not shes still breaking in ive noticed ive added alittle extra on the H since the top end went together the begining of last winter. yeah its been that long till ive got to break it in. but again all relative.

What elevation are you cutting at? That can make a big difference in how some of us perceive how fast a saw is.

What elevation are you cutting at? That can make a big difference in how some of us perceive how fast a saw is.

Fore sure. You really notice the difference in elevation when you start working your rakers over well. Gotta be careful with the rakers if you are going up in elevation to cut much.

elevation is only 6000 or so. i do must my cutting at 8-9000.
got to thinkn that the saw might also seem faster if i cutting on flatt ground were i could buck all the way through with out moving branches or worring about my footing.

she cuts good im happy.

IM near boise Idaho

elevation is only 6000 or so. i do must my cutting at 8-9000.
got to thinkn that the saw might also seem faster if i cutting on flatt ground were i could buck all the way through with out moving branches or worring about my footing.

she cuts good im happy.

IM near boise Idaho

Looked to me like they all did exactly what they were supposed to, thanks for posting. I love vids!

me to 056 has some stinking fast saws so mine seem alittle slow to him

ill make a few more vids. though this year ill try and stay away from the cooky cutting vids and do more cutting vids, bucking and possibly felling big wood

been working on my firewood racks this hauls alittle over a cord wich is all i ever want haul in the bed of the truck.
made out of freebe steel i got from the plumbers. need to ad some gussets to back and beef it up so it doesnt spread so much. this i think will be much stronger then wood stakes in the bed pockets. i noticed the paint crinkling around the stake pockets thats why im doing this
_MG_5828.jpg

_MG_5825.jpg

_MG_5826.jpg

_MG_5827.jpg

also going to get some 1" wide strap in a 20ft stick and fill in gaps some so nothing can get out.

then all i gota do when i go get wood is tip this in the bed of the truck

Last edited:
Back