Difference between a Husky 372XP and XPG?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTwoodnutt

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi Group,
I saw a place that sells a Husqvarna 372XPG for $780- w/free shipping.
What's the "G" indicate? (Heated handle...?).
-Can that be shut off (for use in the Summer?
-Wouldn't that take power away from the saw)? (Similiar to running your A/C while driving)?
Did Husqvarna discontinue the XP version?
Is this a new model?
Do they still make the XP?

Thanks,

CTwoodnutt

g is for heated
yes it has an on /off switch
it doesn't effect power when in use to my knowledge
no they have not discontinued the xp
they are built every day

G version weight 0.1-0.2 kg more.
Flywheel & generator & heathed handle & a little heathed piece on rear handle, thats the different from XP to XPG.
Some also have heathed carb function.
Everything can be switch of.

Most people in Norway buy XPG versions instead of XP.

Air filter,

In addition to the previously mentioned features, the XPG model has the smaller air filter (think J'red 2172) vs. the tall, large filter giving it a more compact feel and profile.

The resistance wires run through the mounts and are very susceptible to damage if your one of those heavy handed operators that yanks like heck to free a stuck saw instead of wedging or cutting the saw out.

Heated handles function best when running WOT for longer periods as opposed to on and off the throttle for short duration bursts. The switch on the 372XPG has a clear plastic cover making it difficult to feel a positive connection in the on position. If you run the saw for a couple minutes and don't feel the heat this is most likely the cause.

Take Care

"A is for apple, J is for Jacks"

G is for generated
W is for Wrap as in full wrap handle bars
XP
XPG
XPGW

You can even shut them of in the winter too:reading:
I thought all the Generated series had heated carbs? Could be different as to what Country they are made for. I see some of the wiring is different for those made for the US. The 51.4 mm piston never came to Canada to my knowledge.

Power differences? That's always been the myth.

I thought @tlandrum would have some dyno trends of sort as he's a well known expert builder of them. Then again I have well over 10,000 hours personally on each with that chassis stating back to my first 371XP in '96. I couldn't tell you there is a difference. The magnet weight gives it more inertia therefore should be a little harder to 'clutch out'? Definitely is no noticeable drag between the on and off position.
Heated carb is great but the heated handles have its down sides. With snow loaded trees the snow is always getting between the gloves and handles creating ice block gloves almost instantly in very cold weather. You need a lot of activity to make them effective on those cold days. The 357 works a lot better.
Then on the miserable west coast days the wet heat brings the arthritis pain out so bad I shut it off and just put my hands on the muffler now and then or have a quick gas fire
:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

Latest posts

Back